Author Topic: to leave or not to leave  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: to leave or not to leave
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »
No one can tell you when it's time to step away or come back.  The only real question is whether you feel like you're getting your money's worth of entertainment per month.  

That being said there are lots of things you can do and many times you have to make your own fun as I say from time to time.  This can mean trying new aspects of the game, flying with new people or making new friends, or just taking a break and doing something silly like a jeep trek up the side of the hill to 16,000 feet.

I remember an old map back in AH1 that was commonly referred to as the "pizza" map because of it's shape, I actually didn't care for it too much at first because I felt like the bases were too far apart and I found it tough to get a good furball going which is what I tend to prefer most in AH.  I didn't like it until some friends and I discovered that it was a GREAT GV map, there was a ring of V-bases around the outside with interesting terrain and a minimal amount of aircraft fly over.  We would go out there and spend hours battling over V-bases.  To this day I still don't GV much, but I still remember that map rather fondly, sometimes you gotta make your own fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:55 PM »

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »
 :airplane: Some of the best fun I have had in this game is going to EW and checking which side is hitting low#/undefended bases. Then switch to the low#/undefended side and foil the base takers.
They are usually good natured about it and we all have fun.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »
You buying??   :D

Hmmm my cuddly Ursus Arctos Horribilis, yeah what the hell.   Just let me hug a cub after wards without feeling the mom's wrath.     :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »
I invite anyone who wants to try something different to fly with us in scenarios.  We have one running tomorrow.  To play, just show up in Special Events Arena II at or before 3 pm Eastern Time.  Try a different side to the fun in Aces High if you want something new.  :aok

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
I say keep flying just stop posting on the BBS.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BluTrain

• Copper Member
      • Jagdgeschwader 53
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
I invite anyone who wants to try something different to fly with us in scenarios.  We have one running tomorrow.  To play, just show up in Special Events Arena II at or before 3 pm Eastern Time.  Try a different side to the fun in Aces High if you want something new.  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

+1  :aok

While I don't fly scenarios too often, I don't miss FSO - give that a shot.
Major 'Technischer Offizier' I/JG53

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
See ya dude
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »
If you have to ask the question then the answer is already there.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »
There's always...

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »
lol, furballing......you mean ganging....to me thats the only reason to play this silly little game...to kill mofo's and not go to prison.

hell when I see two full red dars I KNOW I will have a fight, WooooooooHoooooooooo bring it on, there is nothing better the then attacking 10 to 20 nme cons and seeing how long you can last, and how many you can take with you, I have been doing this for a few years now, and I must say, my aim still sux arse, so I miss far more often then not, but my SA is tops I can track as many red cons as can fit on my screen, I very rarely get "bounced" I have killed 5 of 5 nme cons attacking me, and survived much worse odds then that, the only reason I can do this is Practice practice practice, dont let it get you down If you truly enjoy AH, find out what in AH you like and do that, do that as much as you can, you will find yourself getting better and soon you will see that AH is by far the best online game out there for killing red guys

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
The reason I fly Aces High is because if you actually try to get better at furballing...it becomes very competitive.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:14 PM »
The reason I fly Aces High is because if you actually try to get better at furballing...it becomes very competitive.

:aok

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »
This reminds me of one of my favorite Mamet moments, in "State And Main"...

"You folks really make your own fun around here, don't you?"

"Of course we make our own fun.  Everybody makes their own fun.  If you don't make it yourself, it isn't fun.  It's entertainment."

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »
There's always...

(Image removed from quote.)

oh man but what if I drop the ball?  oh its ok because the ball is attached to a string that is attatched to the cup, GENIOUS! :cheers:

and another good reason to play AH is because chicks dig it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:13:09 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.