Author Topic: Anti AH  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Anti AH
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
The realistic flight model is the same as IL-2's.  Gaijin licensed it from 1C Publishing when they started working on Storm of War.  They used it to make the console version of IL-2 and then Wings of Prey.  Wings of Prey has plenty of places you can find fault with but the flight model isn't really one of them.

yes, the flight model is one of them and it basically just a PC port of the IL-2 console game that came out last year,  why else would the game have been optimized to be played with a game pad.   :rofl

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:15 PM »
i like to get down on this when not on AH.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:53 AM »
If I'm not fly.........

I'm racing....

http://www.iracing.com/overview/

Cavalry
This looks fun, I can just imagine the ack though "between tanks and aeroplanes and now racing cars I'm never going to get to see you.". Meh! What could it hurt.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:59 AM »

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
If I'm not fly.........

I'm racing....

http://www.iracing.com/overview/

Cavalry

CAV, if you haven't already check out South Boston Speedway.  I grew up and came back to live here and have been around that place my whole life.  Great Saturday night short track racing.  I actually even work there in the tower from time to time filling in for my dad in charge of the wrecker trucks, clean-up crew, EMS & fire crews.  VIR is also really close and have been there on occasions watching the AMA Superbike races.

Glad you showed me this, I had seen the sign at the track for iRacing but never tried it.  Now time to talk my wife into letting me buy a new wheel and pedal set, she'll be thrilled.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline HatTrick

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »
yes, the flight model is one of them and it basically just a PC port of the IL-2 console game that came out last year,  why else would the game have been optimized to be played with a game pad.   :rofl

ack-ack

I'll have to respectfully disagree.  When played with the full realism settings, the flight model has good fidelity and I would suggest it's even a bit more challenging than AH's because the planes tend to depart easier than they do in AH.  I would love to see someone try to play that game in full realism mode with a gamepad.  It would be pretty amusing.

Do you actually have the game ack-ack or are you just going by what you've read someplace?  I'm curious because it also has a full blown arcade mode that is pretty similar to Blazing Angels with an external view of the plane complete with external crosshair but nobody is forced to play it that way.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:15 AM »
The point I am making in this thread is that as a all round package AH is very good compared to other Sims I have recently tried :old:

(by the way my sense of humour has finaly gone, I was 45 last week :old:) :joystick:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
Wings of Prey and the company who makes it said a while back that they are just going to start over  and make a new game from scratch, or something like that......at least thats what i gathered from their statements....if you go on their forum you will notice that the company is kinda a mess at the moment since no one really knows what direction the game is going.

Offline Hunter66

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
i'll disagree aswell since ACK-ACK..if you search claimed he played AH..with a gamepad..can you spell troll, hypocrit, flamer :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »
i'll disagree aswell since ACK-ACK..if you search claimed he played AH..with a gamepad..can you spell troll, hypocrit, flamer :)

I have played AH with a game pad to see how easy it was to set up and work out of curiosity.  What does that have to do with WoP being a PC port of a console game?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »
If anyone is looking for a realistic modern simulation, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force is as good as it gets. Be prepared for some studying though, it comes with a 716 page "quick start" manual  :confused: Besides the learning curve, once you get it down, it's a blast to play and has been my most recent addiction.

PS: Dedalot errr os, it's evident that you are new so maybe we could set-up some training sessions. Maybe you might learn how to fly one of these days.

:bolt:

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:01:19 AM »
Try this one...

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »
If anyone is looking for a realistic modern simulation, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force is as good as it gets. Be prepared for some studying though, it comes with a 716 page "quick start" manual  :confused: Besides the learning curve, once you get it down, it's a blast to play and has been my most recent addiction.

That's what I was playing before AH. Having never flown a real F16 this probably sounds very ignorant, but I bet a person who knows that game in and out could step into a real one, start her up and fly about. I should reinstall it.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 12:47:44 AM »
The point I am making in this thread is that as a all round package AH is very good compared to other Sims I have recently tried :old:

(by the way my sense of humour has finaly gone, I was 45 last week :old:) :joystick:

wait...what? :huh
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.