Author Topic: Iranian Unmanned Bomber  (Read 2355 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Iranian Unmanned Bomber
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:12 PM »
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
     This thread was good for a giggle, especially from our swiss "friend".  I am surprised it hasn't
been locked yet though.  :aok
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2010, 05:37:05 PM »
Here comes the neocons with their war drumbeat and a bad excuse to go to another war.

hippy

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:20 PM »
Actually Saudi is a Kingdom based on theocratic rule.  Saudis generally practice Wahhabism.  It is a shiite form of Islam and is the "youngest" of the Islamic sects...and one of the most inflexible.  Most Islamic clerics quietly believe it was "created" for the royals 900 years ago...give or take 200 years, so they didn't violate any Islamic pretexts or rules...very convenient given that Islam forbids "kingdoms" indirectly because the "king" is Allah.  

V/r

Changeup

PS -No one on this board is privy to classified information between countries intel agencies...nor are they privy to conversations regarding threats to neighboring countries abroad.  It is entertaining to see how many believe what they read on the internet and newspapers..no one really knows what any of them know..I guess Britany Spears IS pregnant with a martian baby...

Saudi Arabia is majority Sunni Muslim and Wahhabi is a conservative Sunni Islamic sect, not Shi'ite.  The Wahhabi sect came to being in the 18th century through the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab that stemmed from his advocating purging anything in Islam that he considered to be "innovations", with the primary doctrine being Tawhid.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
Plus we suck at nation-building.  Truly.  Bombing them into oblivion is one thing, building them back up so they won't come back at you is another.

We do?  I thought we did a pretty good job with Japan and Western Europe after the war but I guess they don't teach that in school these days.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »
Saudi Arabia is majority Sunni Muslim and Wahhabi is a conservative Sunni Islamic sect, not Shi'ite.  The Wahhabi sect came to being in the 18th century through the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab that stemmed from his advocating purging anything in Islam that he considered to be "innovations", with the primary doctrine being Tawhid.

ack-ack

ack-ack,

Sorry, I was using my memory and I guess switched them, you apparently used Wikipedia as your quote is virtually word for word....good catch though.  I dont know what we would do here without the trollers verifications..thank goodness we are safe!

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba