Author Topic: town collision/terrain bug  (Read 409 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
town collision/terrain bug
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:09:17 AM »
collided with a wall in the town, did the usual human gyroscope spinning thing for a few seconds then dropped neatly into the underworld :eek:  note the gv supply down there too.

apologies to the 5 or 6 tanks I tracked and killed from below, I was ... ahem ... evaluating the bug  :devil

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
Re: town collision/terrain bug
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:02:43 AM »
Hades has pulled you into the Underworld to make you one of his town defense minions.   :neener:

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
I have a video of me hitting a town hedge and suddenly acting like a pinball. This goes on for about 30-5 seconds before the mean or possibly merciful, P-47 scrambled me with an egg (ha ha see that? I made an egg joke.. scrambled...). Anyway, it gave me a headache from watching it. Town is buggy.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
There waqs an older post before the last update where a issue was found which allowed players to go below the town surface layer. Probably another one which needs to be fixed. :salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
What terrain was that on?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
I'm sure i took a screeny with the clipboard up but cant find it (and I have no idea what the maps are called). it was A21 from the film range text, on whatever map was in LWO at 18:00 23/8/2010 UTC.

edit: ive got film if it helps.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:55:38 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
Happened to me in the TA at A1... only I was in an airplane taxing on the street north of the city center next to a hedge row (admiring the details). I don't think the terrains have anything to do with it. Whatever the problem is, the town surface sure isn't as "thick" as the terrain surface.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail