Author Topic: Just an announcement  (Read 1516 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Just an announcement
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »
    Right now I'm pretty busy with Co-XOing the scenario, redoing my soundpack from scratch and some terrain work, but soon I will be back to doing some offline mission work.  Barons Battle, Ruins Rumble, Bloody Gulch Redux, and Revenge of the Rotte all still work, but any other missions that I have done need to be updated, including some of the terrains.  When these older missions are all updated, I will start diving into the requests that have been posted in this forum, unless somebody else gets to them first.  So please be patient with me and I will do my best to get back into this as soon as I can.  Much thanks to those that enjoy playing the missions. :salute
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:57:59 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just an announcement
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »
will you accept bribes?

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »
will you accept bribes?

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl :lol  :lol
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »
obviously cash isn't working... let's try

or, if he prefers,

:D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:26:48 PM »
Now yer talkin'!
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »
okay I'll go get a sheep.... fedex or ups? :D

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »
Just make sure it's next day air.  I like em fresh.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
psssssh... I ship steel all over the country.  Do you think getting a sheep delivered is a problem? :D   I had to break the bad news to the young lady though.  'Counseling' her was a bit difficult but I managed.  :)

Offline Disturbd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
OK first I must say :salute USRanger you are the man!! :rock Thank you Thank you Thank you. Without you I probably would have gave up on AHII, you can only kill the "Circle Jerks" so many times b4 it gets old. I am at the end of my 2weeks and unfortunatly unemployment is going to prevent me from subscribing. I found the offline missions(new to me since last time I played) and from reading most threads I am assuming the only ones that work are the 4 you mentioned in this thread.
  I must be directionally challenged because I can only seem to find 2   :headscratch:
I guess I must have rode the little short bus to school  :rolleyes:   Barons Battle and Ruins Rumble.  I have not tried Ruins Rumble yet thats where I am going now  :bolt:

Could someone please put a link up for the other 2 :pray  Thanks

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
Unrelated question: Is it possible to take someone's mission and edit different planes into it? Noone flies jug N's, and it's not an efficient use of anyone's time to make missions for them
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 04:20:52 AM »
Unrelated question: Is it possible to take someone's mission and edit different planes into it? Noone flies jug N's, and it's not an efficient use of anyone's time to make missions for them

Yes, but you need the .mis file, which you most likely will not get in a d/l, as the missions now run off of the .res file.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »
With the current version. Once you run the mission once. Your AH will write the .mis file in the misstemp folder.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
With the current version. Once you run the mission once. Your AH will write the .mis file in the misstemp folder.

Right. With that .mis file you can then fire up the mission editor and change anything you like. HOWEVER, I've found that if the original mission was written with an older mission editor, then the new mission editor often suffers various problems trying to interpret old details. For example, F6F airplanes defined into a mission written for version 2.12.4 cause the current mission editor to hang if any attempt is made to see their associated "Properties". I've been able to work around most of these by simply deleting the various details that cause problems. Bottom line: it is a rather complex process. But if it's a good mission it may be well worth the time and effort to redefine planes and (if necessary) bring it up to date. See my rant on this subject in the "Mission Editor" forum from yesterday.

-Peabody-