Author Topic: Candy Mountain Jeep Run  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Candy Mountain Jeep Run
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
Read corkys post  :salute
I did read it. I like and respect Dan, always have. I couldn't disagree more with him and I feel this is getting blown out of porprtion because of who posted.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »
I couldn't disagree more with him and I feel this is getting blown out of porprtion because of who posted.
this may be true but i was only pointing out that Corky said he thought Grizz was the jeep and im sure they would have done the same to the guy driving the jeep if he had posted this   :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 03:37:14 PM »
I did read it. I like and respect Dan, always have. I couldn't disagree more with him and I feel this is getting blown out of porprtion because of who posted.

I think it's also being blown out of proportion becuase it was posted in the first place.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »
I think it's also being blown out of proportion becuase it was posted in the first place.
:lol
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
But he did own him. I don't get it.  What's wrong with him stating the facts?  :headscratch:

I think SkyRock's definition of ownage is most accurate. It's somewhere along the lines of:

"When you are at a diadvantage, reverse, and kill an opponent with the advantage. That's ownage."

Explain how strafing jeeps fits into that category.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
++++1111 :aok

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
That's IT!!!!!!!    :furious

Bunch of crazed, lunatic, Jeep blower-uppers around here.  :noid

I don't care what the wife thinks.  I'm gonna get my son from school right now and we're putting a MK108 on the Jeep.  (as soon as we wash it)

Jeepicide   :furious    What's the world coming to?

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »
Grizz is a bully he killed me 2 times during that sortie minding my own buisness deacking his feild :mad:

<S> grizz lol

I actually saw that guy and wondered if he was noob or vet, either way I told him there are spawnpoints and he didnt respond. :lol

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 03:48:44 PM »
That's IT!!!!!!!    :furious

Bunch of crazed, lunatic, Jeep blower-uppers around here.  :noid

I don't care what the wife thinks.  I'm gonna get my son from school right now and we're putting a MK108 on the Jeep.  (as soon as we wash it)

Jeepicide   :furious    What's the world coming to?

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol
=The Damned=

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
I don't believe for a second it's about being 'mean' to people.  Bottom line for me is it's a privilege to get to play the game and be a pretend cartoon fighter pilot.  As a kid, 'flying' the slapped together model airplanes we built, was as close as we ever thought we'd get with our imaginations.  When the flight sims came along it was an answer to all those days of pretending.  Getting to 'fly' against other people was even more of a privilege. I feel some responsibility to the new guys coming in and how I present myself in the arenas,and how I play the game is the best way I can think of to pass that responsibility on, just like those folks who set the example for me all those years ago now in Airwarrior.

It's not just about me in the game, it's about all of us and how we interact and pass on what the game is about.  How many threads have we had over the years about the game changing and folks doing things to wreck it.   To me, blowing up this guy out just screwing around in a jeep is along the lines of killing the FHs or CV where the only decent fight in the arena is going on, just because you can.  It serves no purpose other then to ruin someone elses fun.

Throw in that it's a visible 'name' player from a very visible 'name' squad and the message is loud and clear to the newbies.  It's not about respecting the fun of other players or encouraging it.  It's about playing "whack a mole' and screwing up others fun because you can.

Candy Mountain jeep run.   The thread title said it all.  Candy Mountain runs in AH have always been about doing something silly, whether it be a Val fighter sweep or trying to get jeeps to fly off the mountains.

When I read the thread title I looked in and immediately took the screenshots to be Grizz out having some fun in a jeep.  I wondered to myself what idiot had nothing better to do then shoot up Grizz's jeep with a 262.  Only on looking closer did I see it was Grizz playing the part of the 262 driver.  Then it was just sad.  Grizz isn't some newbie without a clue.  He knows better.

And yeah Grizz the planes are free, but the time isn't. 

+1...
-AoM-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »
Fair enough, Guppy.  Honestly I see it as kind of a bastard move to look at the entirety of the situation, and make the conscious decision to whack the guy.  However, expecting a free pass in a war zone because you're just out messing around isn't reasonable to expect in an online game.  Like I said, 'That's Grizz.'

If I were up in a Val deep behind enemy lines, just dicking around, would it be reasonable to expect them not to shoot me down?  I think not.  The tactics and movements of ground vehicles are 99% a mystery to me.  I might, given the right circumstance see that jeep and be thinking 'I don't know what he's doing there, but he's red.  He must be up to no good.' and kill him.  I don't know.  I might not even notice where we are on the map, just that there's a red icon on the ground there, and boom.

As far as showing the newbies what the game's about, just my humble opinion here, but I don't believe most people coming in here are blank slates looking to the longer time players for guidance on how to behave.  Most are probably pretty used to online gaming and as such have already formed a good deal of their rules for interacting with people online.

The one thing that has struck me about online flight sims is that they kind of developed uniquely in the online gaming world.  The main thrust for a good number of the early adopters and just the community in general wasn't the fact that it was an online video game, but rather that it was a fair simulation of something they really really wanted to do, had dreamed of doing all their lives in some cases.  It is a different mentality from pretty much all other online games, because other online games pretty much evolved out of gaming.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you ask most people why they play First Person Shooters, it's because they're fun games.  The early adopters of Doom or Duke Nukem weren't interested in killing demons or aliens in real life and looking for a way to simulate that experience.  The same applies to most online games, they developed purely as a game, an entertainment medium.  Not as a simulation of something people follow as a hobby like aviation or World War history.

Air to air combat in WWI and WWII was a unique phenomenon, it's something that will probably never be recreated again in human history.  We'll never again have that special mix of technological innovation over the course of a short period of time coupled with the necessity for the men who were doing it to have an amazing level of skill to survive and prevail against the enemy.  It's unique, and it's why I think most of us enjoy these kinds of sims over later war stuff.  It's no fun for me to lock on a missile from over the horizon to kill another aircraft.  We want to get in close, and kill them with guns.

I think most of the guys who have been around for a long time came at it from more of the aircraft hobbyist perspective, or the history buff aspect.  It's a much different mindset from your average online gamer, and online gamers is the pool we're drawing a good deal of the newbies from.  For a sample of what you're missing, log into XBox live playing an FPS like Halo or Gears of War sometime, then come back to AH and fall to your knees in joy, thanking whatever higher power you believe in that those people aren't on Vox in here.

Now not all of the longer time people are necessarily hugs and puppies.  From what I've seen of Grizz and most of the Muppets they play hard, and seem to enjoy being the antagonists, enjoying ticking people off.  *shrug*  It's their deal, if you don't like what they're doing in game stop them if you can.  It seems to be what they're about and what they want.

VonMessa-  :rofl

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
I think SkyRock's definition of ownage is most accurate. It's somewhere along the lines of:

"When you are at a diadvantage, reverse, and kill an opponent with the advantage. That's ownage."

Explain how strafing jeeps fits into that category.

You guys take the ownage comment way too seriously.. It's a joke most of the time, and on occasion it is what it means..

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
on occasion it is what it means..
I guess this wasn't the occasion  :D
=The Damned=

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
That jeep wasn't firing cause he was outta ammo.. I'd been thru that pass a couple times already and he was steady plinking away.. but was on a different side of the mountain.. hell ya hes fair game and got OWNT!  lol

been a long time since I laughed so hard in game.. lmao

you guys are killing me with the pro-jeep whines! hehe My only question is, I wonder if the dude will do it again? lmao
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:00:25 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
hell ya hes fair game and got OWNT!  lol

lol!  :rofl  :aok

Case in point.. Joke ownage statement for those that need it laid out

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci