Author Topic: GV skin with folage camo  (Read 538 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
GV skin with folage camo
« on: December 01, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »
Is it possible to have a GV with skin, but also have foliage and tree branches on them as camo effect?  Kind like how the German would add on the vegetation on the tank to blend in with the surrounding. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: GV skin with folage camo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:32:42 AM »
I like this +1
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 07:30:43 AM »
Not really. To look any good you would really need actual 3D foliage coded in to the game. That would take extra resources to draw and wouldn't stop the icon giving you away.

If you mean painting foliage onto an existing skin, that would look a bit silly IMO.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:32:19 AM by Greebo »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »
Not really. To look any good you would really need actual 3D foliage coded in to the game. That would take extra resources to draw and wouldn't stop the icon giving you away.

If you mean painting foliage onto an existing skin, that would look a bit silly IMO.

Yea, not a 3D mode.  just added it on to the skin.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »

I know nothing about coding, so forgive me if I am wrong, but couldnt you code it similar to attachments already in game for vehicles /planes, ie bombs, rockets, rocket racks, pintle guns, etc...