Author Topic: Questions about the AVA  (Read 9465 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Questions about the AVA
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:14 AM »
We had a great time in there last night.

I had a real early morning so I had to log way before I wanted to.

I challenge anyone and everyone to come check it out. At least see what is going on................
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 08:01:43 AM »
This is not a thread to argue about what you like and what I like.  Just answer the questions and make the OPs life easyer  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »

Questions:

1. what would it take for you or your squad to frequent the AVA 1 night or more a week?

More numbers, icon settings enabled.

2. what do you like about the AVA, if anything? (Please speak from experience)

Historic settings.

3. what do you dislike about the AVA, if anything? (again, please speak from experience)

(copied from Lusche's post....says it all)
Icon settings disabled. Very bad experiences with player behaviour (insults, pursefights, elitist attitude) on many occasions over a few years. Both were absolute gamebreakers for me.

That being said, we discussed this week about moving to AvA once in a while to change things up.  125th will scope it out for a couple of weeks.

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »
Questions:

1. what would it take for you or your squad to frequent the AVA 1 night or more a week?

3. what do you dislike about the AVA, if anything? (again, please speak from experience)

1)   a small miracle

2) Oldman

3) Storch (and all incarnations of his shades)   

speaking from experience, of course.....         :P

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »
for the record, storch has been gone for over a year.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 03:32:02 AM »

more people and more plane types for the Axis (Japanese and italian planes)

the matchups are more fun in theory

hard to find good 4/4 style fights.

To be honest, I think FSO and other historic scenarios do everything AvA would do for me - with proper missions, great fights and a lot of history. 

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
bring him back
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »

I don't have a squad...yet. But I would come more often than I do if there were more people who are organized I.E. Missions.

I Loved Larry's old AvA missions, It brought a nice historical feel to it other than furballing (don't get me wrong I love to furball)

This isn't very original but I would like to seen more people who are organized. Thats about it, I love it in all aspects except for that.
Strokes

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
1. cant even get my squad together on squad night..

2.one vs. one (usually only 2 there)

3.Pretentious A-holes who think of AvA as "their" arena.
Current: Slipstrm

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
Questions:

Decent numbers & renewed interest within the Pigs

Progressive historic matchups in short period of time-Say early to late war in a few weeks time.  Historic settings for the matchups.

Icon settings. I stole this from Lusche, but it is exactly why the Pigs as a group lost interest: very bad experience with player behaviour (insults, pursefights, elitist attitude) on many occasions.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »
Icons are fine the way they are. in fact, the AvA helped me with my SA in the MAs due to this. I see enemies 6k-10k away that none of my squaddies see or even most of the bish around me now.

The ONLY thing keeping me away from the AvA is the numbers and my squad. nobody wants to go there and my squaddies dont either... so therefore i'm in a rock and a hard place.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
Icons are fine the way they are. in fact, the AvA helped me with my SA in the MAs due to this. I see enemies 6k-10k away that none of my squaddies see or even most of the bish around me now.

The ONLY thing keeping me away from the AvA is the numbers and my squad. nobody wants to go there and my squaddies dont either... so therefore i'm in a rock and a hard place.

Is it true that you can turn your icons off if you want?  That can help you with your SA if you are doing it for training. Why do you want mine off?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »
I've tried to bring the DFC into the Arena and was the only one of two people that showed up.    I've tried at various times to pull folks in, as a way to "make amends" with JG-54.   Those times I succeeded in bringing 30+ people in there.

That aside, I'd say the No Icon thing could be seen as something "extra curricular".   As I've never flown in there since that change, I am personally going on what the "majority" feels.

jd & VonMessa - It's a different ballgame now.   Jaeger and the rest of JG-54 have made a change for the better, so leave the past where it is.   Storch and I, disagreed on a lot of things, but in FW, we've sorta "patched things up".   What happened here was simply a disagreement that was blown out of proportion.   

:salute JG-54 for trying to make serious strides and effort into reincarnating the AvA.   I just wish for my sake, when a group of people say "Yeah, we'll be there", that they actually hold true. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 03:07:18 PM »
 I just wish for my sake, when a group of people say "Yeah, we'll be there", that they actually hold true. 

Its the same for the people stating their excitement about the change and to leave it there.  If only they went in the arena also . .  .

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I have no complaints about AvA except lack of interest in the AH community. In all honesty, if 30-50 players played a night, I would never go to MA.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com