Author Topic: As you guys KNOW  (Read 1710 times)

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
Re: As you guys KNOW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
we should hoist our flags on that day
and eat Bacon, or Ham..maybe make it a working holiday

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 08:56:52 AM »
As a native New Yorker, I just want to see the Freedom Tower finished(personally I wanted to a building in the shape the Bird(state bird of NY) aka Middle finger. but thats just me. Al qaeda brought the fight to my home and I brought it back to their backyard, Afghanistan. I will be at peace when the families are at peace. I remember when the Towers went up, when they fell apart of me died too but I still have my memories and those are something no one can take away. Don't need another holiday, holidays are usually a funtime. I remember all the fallen on Memorial Day. :salute  TC out
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 09:12:42 AM »
Indeed. This is a special day, like 7 December is every year. I will remember always and more vividly as I have lived through 11 September. Everyone even if you weren't CONUS remembers where they were that day and what they were doing. We must never let our guard down again. The enemy is among us now.  Beware.

Infidelz

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
...I cannot begin to properly thank and appreciate the sacrifice of the first responders of the NYFD and NYPD on that day.
I am sorry to admit that, prior to 9/11, I had a less than respectful attitude towards cops and firemen. 

It all changed when those brave people ran into collapsing buildings.  These professions always called for the suppression of the flight instinct, but 9/11 was a dramatic example of courage across the board.

:salute FDNY

:salute NYPD

:salute Port Authority

:salute Everyone who charged onto the scene to save others. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »
Roger that..... :salute

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »
" War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing."-George W. Bush

You kick a sleeping Bear you better be ready to fight for your life....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »
I’ve been present at two war zones in my life time.  The first November 67 to May 69, as a young medic in the 5th Special Forces in Viet Nam.  The second on 9/11 while working as an IT consultant on the 57th floor of the North Tower WTC,  for the Mayor’s  Office City of New York.  First thing I do now when  I go into a office building is look up and wonder what lies just above the ceiling tiles and think how heavy is it?  I got out onto and cross over Church Street 6 minutes before it came down.  I spent the next 23 hours on scene working once again as a combat medic. 

I’m all for a day of remembrance as long as it remains un-official.  I don’t want it to become like so many official holidays in America.  The meaning lost the date changed year by year to ensure it fails on a Friday or Monday.  In 2010, June 6th, “D” Day,   A day that cost the lives of ten thousand Americans  was not even mentioned on Broadcast News.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »
I’ve been present at two war zones in my life time.  The first November 67 to May 69, as a young medic in the 5th Special Forces in Viet Nam.  The second on 9/11 while working as an IT consultant on the 57th floor of the North Tower WTC,  for the Mayor’s  Office City of New York.  First thing I do now when  I go into a office building is look up and wonder what lies just above the ceiling tiles and think how heavy is it?  I got out onto and cross over Church Street 6 minutes before it came down.  I spent the next 23 hours on scene working once again as a combat medic. 

I’m all for a day of remembrance as long as it remains un-official.  I don’t want it to become like so many official holidays in America.  The meaning lost the date changed year by year to ensure it fails on a Friday or Monday.  In 2010, June 6th, “D” Day,   A day that cost the lives of ten thousand Americans  was not even mentioned on Broadcast News.   

:salute to you sir and all those like you, as well as to those lost..

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci