Author Topic: Attention Duelling Arena pilots  (Read 9077 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Attention Duelling Arena pilots
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
But in AvA I wont get to fly my Yak-9U  :(

And most ppl BnZ in DA in a F4U-1C or Typhoon, so

-BigBOBCH

That is understandable. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
That is understandable. 

I mean its just that really with like the 7 years I have that I played most of it was in MA or FSO.  I more of just recently started DA, just for those nights when the arenas are dead and I wanna furball :)

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
Hate the icon set up.  Some may like it, I do not.  No thanks

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »
"mindless battles over an imaginary lake"

You won't attract many calling them mindless.

notice it says battles, not people.

as for the no icons thing, well the pilots that want to get better like them. the pilots that don't like getting killed hate them. everyone has their opinion on them. most people that like them have better SA and play the game for what it is. the guys that don't like no icons probably wouldn't have lasted very long in WW2 cause their SA isn't that great. its an acquired skill and some like it and some don't. no harm no fowl. you cant please everyone.

as for inviting the DA pilots to try it out, it was just that. a place to try something new and different. maybe increase your skills. maybe make some new friends. or not. its totally up to you.

as for my marketing expertise? i fix computers for a living and am not a marketing expert. nor do i claim to be one. next time i will consult with our resident expert, Who, so eloquently pointed out the errors of my ways. this is for a game, not national television, but you already knew that.

<edit>for the record, this post and my original one was not meant to insult or inflame anyone. if it makes everyone feel better, take out the word mindless. just ignore it. its just a word, it wont hurt you!  :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:08:42 PM by captain1ma »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 12:10:37 AM »
as for the no icons thing, well the pilots that want to get better like them. the pilots that don't like getting killed hate them. everyone has their opinion on them. most people that like them have better SA and play the game for what it is. the guys that don't like no icons probably wouldn't have lasted very long in WW2 cause their SA isn't that great. its an acquired skill and some like it and some don't. no harm no fowl. you cant please everyone.

Well that was pretty condescending Mr. Super Duper SA.  Fear the SA Gods of the AvA, they play the game "for what it is".  I guess the rest of us mere minions play for running away and not getting killed because we haven't "acquired the skill".

How about YOU step into the MA or the DA one day sonny boy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:18:20 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 12:24:30 AM »
have you tried it yet?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »
have you tried it yet?

Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking you have awsome SA powers because you can track the other three people in the arena go ahead.  Someday you'll be brave enough to play in an arena with more people in it and be sadly lacking in SA.  Then we'll see who's playing the game for what it is and whos running away.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 01:59:53 AM »
Baldeagle, stop the tough guy stuff.  Captain1ma is trying, and has been for the past year, to get the AvA Area back into motion like it was 3 years ago.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:36 AM »
Agreed.  Unless of course they enable F3 and give out free Tempests and C-Hogs.

That would be the wisest thing I have read today.

No, I'm afraid AvA won't appeal to DA crew.

Pepsi/Coke thing.

With the recent changes to the MA those maps should be much smaller - forcing confrontation - that might get some to come over.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 02:08:15 AM »
deleted

never mind, not worth it. some things just never change.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:21:46 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 05:17:05 AM »
deleted

never mind, not worth it. some things just never change.

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:10 AM »
Hey, if you want to delude yourself into thinking you have awsome SA powers because you can track the other three people in the arena go ahead.  Someday you'll be brave enough to play in an arena with more people in it and be sadly lacking in SA.  Then we'll see who's playing the game for what it is and whos running away.

i play in the midwar, and in the DA also. im not afraid of confrontation and i dont run, if that answers your question. im not the best stick in the game, nor do i claim to be. i wont take anyone on in the DA because ill probably lose. i also fly in the late war on occasion, when theres no one in the midwar. now that we've covered my short-comings, again it begs the question:

Have YOU tried the AVA?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 08:25:45 AM »
notice it says battles, not people.

as for the no icons thing, well the pilots that want to get better like them. the pilots that don't like getting killed hate them.

Biggest BS ever lol.  I have no problem getting killed, but the only way you could get me mr SA is by having icons off and wait till I engage some one else right?  Have you gotten any better because of the no icons?  :rofl

The stubbornness of the AvA staff is beyond belief.  You keep asking for people to come in tot he AvA.  People tell you that they might if you turn on icons and you insist on telling them how great it is without them and then insult them for wanting them on  :rofl

I was there last night.  The great fights you are talking about were, well, as easy as they can get.  109F vs Hurri or p38.  The 109 just owned them both no problem.  If that it was not enough that the other side had no chance based on their equipment, people were gang banging already injured planes 3 on 1.  The poor guy in the injured hurri never had a chance since he could not even see them coming.

If soooooooo many people like the set ups that cater only to cherry picking or making fights difficult, (example of things you tried: no radar, no icons, tornado powered side winds, etc) why is it empty and and why do you have to ask people to come in?

My opinion, if you want customers, sell them what they want.  Don't sit there telling them what they should want.  It is either going to be your sand box, or theirs!
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
<sigh> i guess shuffler was right, i should've listened to him.

my apologies to all, please ignore this thread!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:36:14 AM by captain1ma »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »

The stubbornness of the AvA staff is beyond belief.  You keep asking for people to come in tot he AvA.  People tell you that they might if you turn on icons and you insist on telling them how great it is without them and then insult them for wanting them on  :rofl

My opinion, if you want customers, sell them what they want.  Don't sit there telling them what they should want. 

+1

As it happens I did try the AvA before I posted above.  I didn't enjoy it.  Maybe I'm too sucky for your special place, but with the prevailing attitudes of those running it, why would I even WANT to spend any time there?  No  thanks, I'll stick to the main arenas where I ENJOY my time spent.

:salute

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder