Author Topic: Orders?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Orders?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:21:45 AM »
Ok, enough kidding....where are the orders
Strokes

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
The CM team is working on the issue.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »
ummm i sort of want to apologize however since i am PNG on the boards so i never ever log in

how the eff am i assigned cic and notified the day of the event ???

we beg and beg for a separate discussion board so there is something to read per orders and assignments and get stonewalled every time and now i get a pm the day of the event telling me i am cic and where are the orders ...

i.e. since there is no planning input on the boards and all orders go out through e-mail why would anyone look at the boards ...

i will try and get orders out but this whole system is comically preschool compared to the s3, time you guys grew the eff up and set up a board.

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
ummm i sort of want to apologize however since i am PNG on the boards so i never ever log in

we beg and beg for a separate discussion board so there is something to read per orders and assignments and get stonewalled every time and now i get a pm the day of the event telling me i am cic and where are the orders ...

i.e. since there is no planning input on the boards and all orders go out through e-mail why would anyone look at the boards ...

i will try and get orders out but this whole system is comically preschool compared to the s3, time you guys grew the eff up and set up a board.

:rofl It works just fine for everyone but not you? I think the problem is on your end pal. It may not be the same in other games, but this is the way its been done since I've been here . Adapt to the situation or go back to S3, god knows they could use the extra players.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
no it doesn't

Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:55 AM »

Funny... I knew you were CIC a week and a half ago. At least 3 people in your squad get emailed and no one read the email...

Sounds like you guys need to talk more (and check your email more)...
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 11:48:41 AM »
yep, just incase i happen to be cic ...

any other reason to check it before t-60 ...

now you may get my point

Funny... I knew you were CIC a week and a half ago. At least 3 people in your squad get emailed and no one read the email...

Sounds like you guys need to talk more (and check your email more)...
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »
Thorsim just do the orders. If you have issues with how FSO is run, take it up with Daddog (FSO team lead) or 68Raptor (CM team lead) after you fulfill your obligation. 
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
CiC assignments were also also posted last week

CiC Frame 1 II/JG27 (last CiC date January 2010)
CiC Frame 2 VF-17 Jolly Rogers (last CiC date February 2010)
CiC Frame 3 The Unforgiven (last CiC date February 2010)
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »
CiC assignments were also also posted last week

I received an e-mail last week stating that JG27 was the CIC for this upcoming FSO; do you not check your e-mail THOR? Now, I realize that being criticial will probably get JG77 into non-requested rides this frame (which will surely bring me the wrath of zila and confirm my suspicions); however I feel strongly enough about this that I must point out to you that if you do not check your e-mail then how is it the fault of the guys that run the FSO? Are you not a CO? How much hand-holding is required? Would you like a phone call, a certified letter..or what? A simple "I screwed up," would have sufficed and shown that you take responsibilty for your screw-up...instead you blame the system, that works for everyone else, on the fact that we still do not have orders 10 hours before the FSO. Were you not wondering yourself, as a CO, where the heck the orders were?

Apparently the e-mail did require you to click on a link (I know pretty tough) that would have shown you who the CiCs are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  Gents,

FSO side assignments have been posted for September. You can view them
here on the forums.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,295667.0.html

Or here on the events site.
http://www.ahevents.org/fso-view-side-assignments.html

Objectives for Frame 1 will go out tonight or tomorrow.

<S>

dd
----------------------------------------------------------------

I for one appreciate all the time and effort the organizers of the FSO have put into an event of this scale. It surely cannot be an easy task, and having people complain about it is probably not adding to the "fun" of organizing these events. I for one  :salute all of you FSO CMs.

This is my personal opinion, and mine only, if you are man enough you won't take it out on JG77 overall...we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:04:53 PM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »
I'm sorry thor but everyone else here has a point.  You really don't have a leg to stand on my friend.  How long have your and your squad participated in FSO?  You should know that the objectives usually come out the week before, or most of the time at the latest the Saturday or Sunday before the first frame, and you know where they are posted on the bbs and on ahevents.org.  I myself had objectives in my e-mail inbox on Saturday, August 28.  I have also seen side assignments and what squads had CiC duty for the 3 frames on the bbs. 

Let's see, you posted in another thread in the FSO Forum on September 1.
the lack of input for side planning is seemingly on a walk on event level ...

frustration due to perpetual lack of success can be an event killer as well ...

The side assignments that contained which squads had CiC duty were posted on August 27.
Objectives will go out tonight or tomorrow.
Frame 1 will be on Sept. 3rd.

Axis Squads:
Arabian Knights
II/JG27
III/JG11   Fw190
Jagdgeschwader 77 
Jagdgeschwader-53
JV44 Butcher Birds
Kommando Nowotny   
LCA
Nightmares VMF-101
RollingThunder
SWAMPDRAGONS
The Unforgiven
VF-17 Jolly Rogers 
VF15 Satan's Playmates (DET)   
VMF-222 Flying Deuces   
WD40
364th FG C-HAWKS
Air Raiders
FATE
CiC Frame 1 II/JG27 (last CiC date January 2010)
CiC Frame 2 VF-17 Jolly Rogers (last CiC date February 2010)
CiC Frame 3 The Unforgiven (last CiC date February 2010)
Total Commitments Axis Min: 183 Max: 250

As always if anyone is unable to CiC please post or PM to find a replacement. It is a squads responsibility to find a replacement CiC if necessary, not the CM's.

Had to cut that down a little for size.

Also, you're not PNG my friend, you're a Parolee which I will probably be as well once this is done and it's locked down.  I'm just saying I don't buy the excuses and reasons.  You failed to do what was expected of you and then come in here complaining about the system trying to shift the blame away from you but as others have shown as well it's all on you.  There was a slight glimmer of an apology there but it never materialized.  Just be a responsible individual which a CO of a squad should be, even though not all are, and admit to the mistake, apologize to all that are on the Axis side for this one, and move on.  I'm sure this all could have been avoided if that's how you would have started it in the first place but when you start trying to shift blame and make excuses you should know by now that this community doesn't put up with that too well.

Best of luck to you this week.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
this all took me off guard guys, checking the preferred rides i see that i am not the only one not "on top" of things completely.  it might be helpful if the CMs would e-mail the CICs a notification/reminder as soon as the CICs are assigned ...

the "form for event sides" would be for input into plans ant would be very good for effectiveness involvement and interest beyond frame night ...

as far as plane requests, like i said a forum would be very helpful ...

all just suggestions, but they are good ones.

axis players and squads: plan done, orders being typed, email out by 5:00 eastern, apologies for the delay.

+S+

t

p.s. i know my status on the boards better than anyone so call it what you will but my access is very limited therefore so is my interest.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:20:49 PM by thorsim »
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »
thorsim, we all knew that you were CiC on Saturday. It is now Friday.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
respectfully ...

if you are telling someone to do something, it would be nice to tell them.  responsibility and consideration goes both ways gentlemen.
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
Gotta check Side Assignments and CiC assignments like the rest of us. Not complaining just mentioning for future references.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com