Author Topic: FW-190A-3 5/JG1. Shark Mouth.  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: FW-190A-3 5/JG1. Shark Mouth.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:36 PM »
Well it's clearly an A-1 (no inboard MG/FF). No A-1 would be sent into combat in its war-weary state when A-4s, A-5s, A-6s were fresh off the factor and more capable in weapons packs, in performance, and overall lethality.

That's why I buy that it was a trainer. As you say, there's some serious question. I prefer NOT to leave it up to HTC to do the due diligence, because many times a skin has been proposed, suggested, planned, that has no business being in-game (all-yellow 190A5 that never existed, Orange Ta-152 that was for 1 single ferry flight, black P-38, some others).

I think, frankly, that it's up to us to do the researching and checking and sell it to a skeptical HTC. Granted my early skins were more of a "ooh, I made a skin!" type of experience, but I've improved a great deal since then and try to research my subjects thoroughly. Some others I notice do not. I think it is very much our place to criticize a choice of skin subject if it is not valid, questionable, or did nothing for the war (i.e. state-side trainer skin for a P-40E)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
Well it's clearly an A-1 (no inboard MG/FF). No A-1 would be sent into combat in its war-weary state when A-4s, A-5s, A-6s were fresh off the factor and more capable in weapons packs, in performance, and overall lethality.

That's why I buy that it was a trainer. As you say, there's some serious question. I prefer NOT to leave it up to HTC to do the due diligence, because many times a skin has been proposed, suggested, planned, that has no business being in-game (all-yellow 190A5 that never existed, Orange Ta-152 that was for 1 single ferry flight, black P-38, some others).

I think, frankly, that it's up to us to do the researching and checking and sell it to a skeptical HTC. Granted my early skins were more of a "ooh, I made a skin!" type of experience, but I've improved a great deal since then and try to research my subjects thoroughly. Some others I notice do not. I think it is very much our place to criticize a choice of skin subject if it is not valid, questionable, or did nothing for the war (i.e. state-side trainer skin for a P-40E)
Fair enough I know very little about 190's So if the community says it is a no go so be it. Again the plane you are talking about is not the same as the one I posted though my post only lists unit & location of North Germany April 1942. Megalondon is stationed at Drucat France March 1942.

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 10:56:59 AM »
That is not a good look for a 190. No way german pilots allowed that on their planes.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
That is not a good look for a 190. No way german pilots allowed that on their planes.
First rule of any Military is you do what your told. So if they were presented with those aircraft to fly guess what? They flew them.