Author Topic: Urgent help  (Read 879 times)

Offline icejaff

• Zinc Member
Urgent help
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
I have downloaded some maps, but I dont know where to put the files, I dont have a file called offmis or anything like that...

What do I do????

I have a folder called THUNDER and the opthunder.mis where do I put them both???

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
Re: Urgent help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
I have downloaded some maps, but I dont know where to put the files, I dont have a file called offmis or anything like that...

What do I do????

I have a folder called THUNDER and the opthunder.mis where do I put them both???
if you downloaded a terrain,it goes in the ahterrain folder,if you downloaded this mission,it will not work with this version of aces high
because it hasnt been updated,i know because i made that mission and the mission editor is crashing when i try to update it..sorry :cheers:

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
icejaff:

Offline missions have been evolving for a long time now, and the process has had some setbacks. In general, you can't use the current Aces High software (Version 2.30.1) with any complex mission that was written before about March of 2010.

Different versions of Aces High store different formats of offline mission files in different folders.

If you are using the newest version of Aces High (Version 2.30.1), then you will store a .res file in your "missres" folder. The first time you fly that mission, additional folders and files will automagically be built for you, but they are only important if you decide to try modifying the mission. If you just want to fly the mission with AH V2.30.1 you can just ignore those automagically-derived, additional files. You will only need the .res file.

In addition to that current Aces High version, if you are fortunate enough to have discovered and installed an older version of Aces High (like version 2.12.4) in a separate folder, then you will store  a .mis file in that older version's  "offmiss" sub-folder, and you may store additional .bmp or .wav files there too, or in a sub-folder beneath that point. After you get all of those component files in place through your own mission installation efforts you will be able to fly the mission, and the ultimate file arrangement will look a lot like the new, "automagically-built" file arrangement that I mentioned in the prior paragraph.

For the background on this subject, and some links to missions that still work, take a long look at the contents of this link:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

There's a lot of material there. Take your time. A lot of water has gone under this bridge. I hope you are able to join us and that you enjoy the rather complex process along the way!

Regards,

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:49:08 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
....In general, you can't use the current Aces High software (Version 2.30.1)

....If you are using the newest version of Aces High (Version 2.30.1)...

WHOOPS!  I meant to say Aces JHigh version 2.20.3. Sorry for the confusion. Don't go looking for 2.30.1 yet.... mea culpa mea culpa mea culpa