Author Topic: GV Arena or No Fly Zone At Tank Town  (Read 2676 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: GV Arena or No Fly Zone At Tank Town
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
I will stand by my original statement! Bombing in Tank Town is bad manors, and anyone doing it has ZERO respect for other players!!![/color] I am finished with this discussion...

You had the benefit of the doubt with me until I read this. What a ridiculous statement to make about a combat game.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:03 PM »
"good" gv fights, I'm not sure they even existed to begin with.. Tanks usually ambush, or camp spawns.  "who sees who first" and/or "who can estimate range first".

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
There was a Fighter Town but it didn't stop 'tards like you coming in bombing or storming the fields in GVs.  If you want a special area to fight GVs only without fear of planes interferring there is the DA which has a little section of the map for your kind.  Otherwise, get used to being bombed in a GV in the MA.

Ack-Ack, lol, I don't bomb. If you look at my score, you would see that. I'll hit a town every now and then, but I don't bomb anything of value. As to the GV thing, then it would be perfectly acceptable to bomb them in that circumstance. You go on and on about how we GV'ers have the tools to defend ourselfs (when the maxiumum effective range of the flacks are around 1.5k and its not uncommon for aircraft to fly above that), and then say that GV's stormed the field. YOU had the tools to prevent that, but clearly you failed to use them either in an effective manner or in a wide enough application.

The object of the game is to kill the other guy, why are you trying to deny someone that right whether they do it in a plane or GV?  If you're red you are a viable target and will end up dead. 

So you wouldn't care if every country started a bombing campain and succceeded in killing all the hangers along frontline bases?

To some killing the red guys is fun, to some it's fighting and to others it's killing, fighting and pissing the other guy off. 

I said the solution is simple, not the act itself.  The tools provided by HiTech make it possible for GVs to defend themselves from air attack.  It's not my fault that you refuse to use these options that have been readily provided to you but I guess your kind find if far easier to whine and cry instead of actually having to use what has been provided to you.  Whether or not you're successful in using these tools depends on a lot of factors but the fact remains there are options available to you without having to whine about getting a special area in the MA.

I use flacks.... when using them will do some good. If we have high carpet bombers, then I'm not going to bother upping a flack that will serve no purpose. You would know that if you bothered paying attention or reasoning things out, but I guess its far easier to flame and be a devils advocate on the BB's.

Gee...life is tough when you have to actually fight to survive. 

And you were proven wrong but a lot depends on the skills of those providing CAP over the tank battle.  I'm sure with your squadron what you say is most likely true and would be useless to provide CAP but if a better squadron with more skilled flyers would actually have a better chance of being able to protect your tanks.  Yes, you'll still probably lose one or two but at least you won't get your entire attacking force entirely wiped out.

lol, you arogant tard. YOU couldn't stop a fighter with a greater top speed starting co-alt either. It CAN'T be done, regardless of how good you imagine yourself to be

So, I guess your claim about playing to enjoy the fight isn't really true since you don't want planes to attack you.

I guess you can't see that bombing GV's in a way that gives them little to no chance of hitting back isn't really FIGHTING. But I guess for you, its a fight so long as someone takes a hit, regardless of how its done.

Kvuo, part og GV'ing is being aleart for ambushes. IMO,  one of the best fights is breaking a good ambush.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:40:21 PM by Nemisis »
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:13 AM »

You go on and on about how we GV'ers have the tools to defend ourselfs (when the maxiumum effective range of the flacks are around 1.5k and its not uncommon for aircraft to fly above that),

Wrong.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2010, 12:13:04 AM »
Ok they CAN be effective beyond that range, but its not realistic to expect enough hits to kill the attacking aircraft before he realeases his bombs, depending on how low he wants to get.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2010, 12:55:19 AM »
Ok they CAN be effective beyond that range, but its not realistic to expect enough hits to kill the attacking aircraft before he realeases his bombs, depending on how low he wants to get.
risk v reward, I wont go near a flak unless I have a diversion.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2010, 01:13:11 AM »
risk v reward, I wont go near a flak unless I have a diversion.

I take my chances when i am about 3k, i drop my ords. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2010, 01:46:50 AM »

All you need is one hit.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:51 AM »
Ever get the feeling you're beating your head bloody against yee ol' 'brick wall of ignorance' when you try to reason with certain people?

GV's are a secondary point in AHII. Use your GV skills to take a base, or grab a few of your friends and find another arena, you know, them green or purple ones. They are under populated, OR ooooooooo oooooooo this is a good one, or just go to the DA and you can have it out with your friends. Why does one need a new arena when tanks can barely get from spawn point to a base in any kind of reasonable time as it is. Will this new arena consist of a single sector? 1,1? 25mix25mi is quite large for a GVer.

I think they should make an arena where GV's don't exist, it's only fair if GV's get their own arena. Why are planes being excluded? I'm sad now. :cry
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
Flackers being only a deterent ties into the risk vs reward thing. Once a plane has assesed the risk and deemed the reward as being worth it, then he's going to dive in, flack or no flack.

Larry, honestly how often do you get kills in a flacker beyond 1.5k? Whats is your targets speed on average?

And SEseph, you already have an aircraft arena. Its called the MA, as others have pointed out. The aircraft hold all the high cards, so GV's shouldn't really be able to affect your fights. On the otherhand, the inverse isn't true. Aircraft can completely shatter a GV fight, and if you up aircraft, then the GV's camp your spawn while you're fighting the enemy planes so you can bomb uninterupted.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
Larry, honestly how often do you get kills in a flacker beyond 1.5k? Whats is your targets speed on average?

I can honestly say Iv probably killed more planes out side of 1.5k then inside of it. Mainly because I played for years before the wirbel was introduced and learned how to used the ostwind.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2010, 07:11:42 PM »
Could you stop a determined bomb tard? One that saw tracers and started jinking?

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
It's besides point whether the GV can shoot down the AC.  The point is that by being forced to fight the AC, the GV frequently gets screwed in the GV game.  Even having an AC dive on you gives away your position, let alone any damage he may or may not do.  Remaining concealed until one strikes is at least half the GV game, in my experience.  Very different than air-versus-air, where concealment is not a factor.  

Whether the dominance of AC is "realistic" or whether it is ok because AH is primarily a flight sim is besides the point (though both of these things are true).  The point, in the end, is that if there is a significant number of people who are happy with GV-only, and willing to pay for it, and if it can be done without disturbing the main arena for the rest of the players, then why not?  

Remember, none of us want to be in a position where we are insisting that others always "play our way", right?  I am fine with current MA play; we are just asking for something extra, for those days when I just want a GV-on-GV experience.  

TDeacon
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:11:22 PM by TDeacon »

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
Once in a great while, I might go over and bomb maybe one person in a GV fight, but normally I just let the tank dweebs fight in peace, well, as peaceful as one can get shooting pixel shells at each other  :salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!