Author Topic: The Dark Tower  (Read 340 times)

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
The Dark Tower
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
Yes! :x

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/universal-lands-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower-and-plans-unprecedented-featurenetwork-tv-adaptation/

Universal Pictures and NBC Universal Television Entertainment have closed a deal to turn Stephen King’s mammoth novel series The Dark Tower into a feature film trilogy and a network TV series, both of which will be creatively steered by the Oscar-winning team behind A Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code.

Ron Howard has committed to direct the initial feature film, as well as the first season of the TV series that will follow in close proximity. Akiva Goldsman will write the film, and the first season of the TV series. Howard’s Imagine Entertainment partner Brian Grazer will produce, with Goldsman and the author.......

Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Re: The Dark Tower
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »
Very cool. Looks like Ill have to spend the next 5 years re-reading the books so I can remember what was in them. Worst part of the novel series for me was the time between books. I would finish the first, wait for #2. #2 comes out and I have to re-read #1 to remember what certain symbols and words meant. Read #1 and #2. #3 comes out, start over for the beginning. Had to do it all through the collection. 
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »
 I'm cautiously optimistic.  This is going to be almost impossible to fulfill expectations.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:59:20 PM »
   So thats why King wrote himself into the book.

Glad to hear it, hope its good. Frankly even if they did just a piece of it Id like it to be Wizards and Glass.

~AoM~

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic.  This is going to be almost impossible to fulfill expectations.

Hoping it turns out better than The Stand.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:55:35 AM »
Id like to see Timothy Olaphant (sp) cast as Roland.

~AoM~

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »
Hoping it turns out better than The Stand.

The Stand would have been great as an HBO mini series.  There was no way it could live up to it's potential adhering to network "decency" standards.