Author Topic: Plane vs Plane Thread  (Read 7636 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Plane vs Plane Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »

like I mentioned use energy tactics like BnZ to beat the P-38 into submission by making the Lightning burn its energy avoiding your BnZ passes but you need to be aggressive and use proper BnZ tactics, not the Nancy Boy version of BnZ you see the majority use where the make a too high speed pass and then Run..err I mean Zoom half a sector away which lets the target bandit regain whatever altitude and energy lost in the break turn.

ack-ack

I remember years ago having a few fights with you in MW and getting my head tap danced on 109G6 vs your 38, I truly learnt something that night about E management in defeat. Every sharp move I made to avoid you I lost the energy to follow you back up, some of the moves were fakes on your part to string me up slow. I'd think I could pull up for a end of stall shot as I did so you'd slowly loop up in the other direction and come down and shoot me while I was helpless and without E. Its quite unnerving to realise you've been caught in one of these traps, against a supposedly inferior aircraft and are helpless to do anything but die!

I use the same general idea stolen from that encounter with the dora now using slow roll spirals to gain position instead of loops at the top, to overcome the d9s poor turning ability.

A lot of people seem to view a fight as pulling the piper onto the opponents plane as quickly as they can, or as a pure I turn better fight. Anything other than that they view as BnZ

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
I remember years ago having a few fights with you in MW and getting my head tap danced on 109G6 vs your 38, I truly learnt something that night about E management in defeat. Every sharp move I made to avoid you I lost the energy to follow you back up, some of the moves were fakes on your part to string me up slow. I'd think I could pull up for a end of stall shot as I did so you'd slowly loop up in the other direction and come down and shoot me while I was helpless and without E. Its quite unnerving to realise you've been caught in one of these traps, against a supposedly inferior aircraft and are helpless to do anything but die!

I use the same general idea stolen from that encounter with the dora now using slow roll spirals to gain position instead of loops at the top, to overcome the d9s poor turning ability.

A lot of people seem to view a fight as pulling the piper onto the opponents plane as quickly as they can, or as a pure I turn better fight. Anything other than that they view as BnZ

Pervert,
I would appreciate if you could show me how to be successful in a 190 in a co-e situation against spit 16, etc... I was in the DA last night fighting over the lake in a 190 A5, and I could not win a single fight if I was co-e. Even using the roll rate, I would invariably overshoot and get killed, every time.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »

Its quite unnerving to realise you've been caught in one of these traps,

I hate that initial thought too...the old, oh crud....do I keep going up or do I try roll away  :lol :lol :lol...doesn't matter with the guys who perform this well though...their gunnery is usually as spot on as the ACM

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
  P38vsLA7       I Agree with a couple points ack-ack makes, but he is biased for the 38!     One point is keep the LA low under 10k after 10k it performence drops consideribly.    the LA has insane speed, and awesome high speed monuvering the 38 can not keep up or handle the speeds at which the LA can easily achive,  LA has zero compressability issue's...so depending on initial attitude of planes will depend on what one does in a LA7 to kill the 38 if the 38 has altitude advantage, take the LA into a shallow dive to get her up to speed and get some distance to get above the 38, once there, its short work to get in behind the 38, if the LA has the inital advantage of altatude, depending on what 38 driver does, if he drops to excape, LA easily gets in behind and kills him, (38 is a nice big fat target)  the only advantage the 38 has is in the ability to hang on its prop in a stall, and with a great stick it can turn quite well, so can the LA and it dont take a great stick, LA is one of the very best in hanger.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
  P38vsLA7       I Agree with a couple points ack-ack makes, but he is biased for the 38!     One point is keep the LA low under 10k after 10k it performence drops consideribly.    the LA has insane speed, and awesome high speed monuvering the 38 can not keep up or handle the speeds at which the LA can easily achive,  LA has zero compressability issue's...so depending on initial attitude of planes will depend on what one does in a LA7 to kill the 38 if the 38 has altitude advantage, take the LA into a shallow dive to get her up to speed and get some distance to get above the 38, once there, its short work to get in behind the 38, if the LA has the inital advantage of altatude, depending on what 38 driver does, if he drops to excape, LA easily gets in behind and kills him, (38 is a nice big fat target)  the only advantage the 38 has is in the ability to hang on its prop in a stall, and with a great stick it can turn quite well, so can the LA and it dont take a great stick, LA is one of the very best in hanger.

UBERDWEEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell next youll be extolling the virtues of the spixteen!!!!!!!

you and Kappa planning on spending some uber quality time together gracefully flying side by side all nice and cozy watching the virtual sunset together???

kinda sux that you now live 1500 miles away doesnt it???????  :neener: :rofl :neener: :rofl :neener:
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
lol....Flots.....ya it does.....:-(

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
lol....Flots.....ya it does.....:-(

well be sure to give my love to the family! oh and if you really feel the need you can treat my brat as my proxy and just give her any beating you were considering giving me!!!!

get you arse online SOON!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »
Pervert,
I would appreciate if you could show me how to be successful in a 190 in a co-e situation against spit 16, etc... I was in the DA last night fighting over the lake in a 190 A5, and I could not win a single fight if I was co-e. Even using the roll rate, I would invariably overshoot and get killed, every time.

Don't fly A5 fly D9 will be online this saturday poss friday night as well bud.