Author Topic: warning problems with sb xtremegamer and win7 64 bit  (Read 504 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
warning problems with sb xtremegamer and win7 64 bit
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:47:58 AM »
I had this card and it worked great for a while.  then about 5 days ago, it went to crap, there was a scratching hissing noise.  also the sound would come from the wrong speakers.  Did some research and  found that lots of people are having the same problem.  looks like creative sb havent really worked out all the issues with win7 64 bit.  Also it seems to affect systems with more than 2k ram more often.  they had a console that did work perfectly with win7, but was removed and now only have a beta.  I know this because I d/l before but lost it when I reinstalled my os.  drivers 2.18.0015 do not work on all systems for some people.  this is what messed me up when win7 auto updated my drivers from 2.18.0013.

anyway, sound is really awesome, when it works.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: warning problems with sb xtremegamer and win7 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:02:33 AM »
Semp I have been hating on Creative since the Xtremegamer/Live! cards were first introduced and branded as 24 bit. I do own a X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro and I think its great for GVs (3D stereo location I would guess). That said it also causes a huge popping sound on my speakers when it initializes so I dont use it with my speakers until after the system is up.

If you dont GV much I think an absolutely perfect card is the HT Omega Striker 7.1 which I still use for vox.

For anyone else that comes along: Vista can be very unstable with two sound cards. I dont have too much trouble with AH though. I have had terrible trouble with 'Rise of Flight' on Vista and I play it on XP Pro because of a 'nvlddmkm.sys BSOD problem.' That problem does not occur if I use the HT Omega card and I think its because of the X-Fi/Nvidia struggle over system latency and (technical junk)...

The world would be better off if only Skuzzy had the source code.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: warning problems with sb xtremegamer and win7 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:12:52 AM »
yeah I tried both my card and speakers on win xp they worked perfectly.  reinstalled them on my puter, nothing but hissing.  That is sad because I just got it 4 weeks ago and it worked great for 3 weeks.  then last week something got updated and it took a crap.  funny thing is the damn thing happened the day after I sent for the rebate, otherwise I wouldda returned it to frys.  well at least my headset works. will get another sound card after I come back from the texas state fair.  gonna spend all my money buying them deep fried frozen margaritas with deep fried armadillo  :x.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.