Author Topic: Where does your non-profit money go??  (Read 540 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Where does your non-profit money go??
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »
Susan G Komem! MDA, MADD, American Red Cross. How many people donate to bthese "non-profit" organizations? You will be stunned, outraged and shocked.

Check out www.guidestar.org and put in your favorite NPO and see how much they made and where your money goes. You will be generally suprised.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Where does your non-profit money go??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 03:33:28 AM »
This is why I say charity starts at home. Once I have the wife and kids taken care of with all their wants and needs i'll worry about someone else. We do help out the local food bank and give our deer to the local meet locker, to help feed the needy. If someone around has lost everything in a fire or something of that nature we'll donate to that too. But Unicef,RedCross,Salvation Army, Feed the Children...etc, no way they're getting a dime from me.
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »
Susan G Komem! MDA, MADD, American Red Cross. How many people donate to bthese "non-profit" organizations? You will be stunned, outraged and shocked.

Check out www.guidestar.org and put in your favorite NPO and see how much they made and where your money goes. You will be generally suprised.

i don't donate to any charity, other than local firefighters, and local police. usually at those hat drops they have. i generally make sure that they're keeping the money in the town that they're in too.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:27 AM »
Do remember what a Non-Profit simply means.... At the end of the Q or year, they are on the black, not in it, and not in the red hopefully. 

Depending on the size of the charity, anywhere from 15-35% of funds raised are used for the specific thing.  Rest goes to salaries and expenditures.  If some bad person is working in an exec position that percentage may be lower as they have "figured" out ways to milk per diems and bonuses. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
  I give in different ways. A kind word to a worried face. A pat on the back for a job well done. He're I bought ya a coffee...that type of thing.

~AoM~

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
I live in the UK I donated £70,000,000 to the Floods in Asia via my taxes and Government :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »
Interesting site there.  I work for a non-profit in the ag. development field, but I'm certainly not one of your rich execs.   :lol  Like any industry, there are good eggs and bad when it comes to such organizations.  I'm all for this kind of transparency, but I hope they are able to get some more information up there soon.  Several companies I searched (who may or may not be competitors  ;) ) had little to no information listed.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »
If you are looking for info look into the documents tab then to the 990 forms submitted to IRS.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »
Yea I saw those, but I was looking for some other bits as well.  I'll search around a bit more on here.  Either way I like the idea.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
OK guys donate ur nonprofit money to me so i can get a new desktop n put it to good use.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
Yes I have £1.50 to start you off
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »
If you're worried that your money isn't going to the intended person, give it to me.  I guarantee that I'll keep every cent, and I promise I won't profit financially from it.  I might spend it all in one place or spread it around a bit, but profit?  Nope, not a chance :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
Every nonprofit has expenses and personnel costs. I was program director for one for two years (Wrightflight.org) and saw the good it did for kids in school and aviation as well. None will give every cent to the supposed recipients of the organizations charity objective. Having said that, I stopped thinking about giving more money to the one fronted by Jerry Lewis. They may have started out pushing more $ to research but after I saw the brand new multi story HUGE office building they built is a VERY expensive (land cost) area outside of Tucson I figured they had more money than they needed.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »
If you're worried that your money isn't going to the intended person, give it to me.  I guarantee that I'll keep every cent, and I promise I won't profit financially from it.  I might spend it all in one place or spread it around a bit, but profit?  Nope, not a chance :)

that's why i only donate to local fire companies, police, and emt crews, having their hat drops. i know it stays right here where it's REALLY needed....not buying a new mahogany desk for some overpaid exec.

last summer, cherry hills fire dept was out in front of the shop, with guys standing out in the intersection in 100F temps. i ran across the street to the rite aid, and got a case of water for em.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
I only donate when I have it to spare and directly to the first needy person who I run into that day. Forget all these organizations with some puffed up millionaire "volunteering" for a sizable salary telling you 80 cents of every dollar goes to the needy.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett