Author Topic: is this necessary  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: is this necessary
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »
94 or 116 vs 210     yes, you are missing something...there is a clue you can have.

:devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »
Whoops, yeah, that one sure went over my head. Too used to having split arenas I guess.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »
It never takes me more than 5 minutes of trying to get in a full arena. It is not nearly the problem you make it out to be.

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
is it
(Image removed from quote.)

cant get in
not really that many peeps
(Image removed from quote.)

we, as euros, just filling the gap so it dont get caustic later
caps are there because too many people in an arena make a caustic environment...US Prime time

well hello
what about now...
is it necessary...
feels like I`m being treated like a used Kleenex

is it necessary

<S> Jimmy

I agree. Based on the pictures, the O-Club is missing a bar. I mean, look at those pictures...they are just sitting around all bored! Every O-Club had a bar in WWII! I think HTC needs to add a bar, with a nice looking bartender, to the lobby. And how about a Poker Table? Play Poker for Perks! If there was a bar that served some good brewskis, and some entertainment, then people would stop complaining about having to wait on CAPS for 3 minutes.

Problem solved.  :aok :lol
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:54:39 PM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »
just go into blue..

problem?

it is the way it is. if you really need those extra 22 players.. just wait a few minutes.

blue was for a while about 2 hours ago, full.. and orange was open.. big deal.

Its a big deal if the reason you play this game
is to socialize online with friends you've made
in the game....not to mention being able to fly
with your squaddies.

Have a little sympathy for the guy.  He IS being
treated like luggage.

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
It never takes me more than 5 minutes of trying to get in a full arena.

I suppose you never play at euro primetime

It is not nearly the problem you make it out to be.

It's a massive problem to us.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:41:02 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 07:39:25 PM »
Whoops, yeah, that one sure went over my head. Too used to having split arenas I guess.

I am use to it too.  The difference between the two arena's is relatively nothing, but the difference of having just one instead of two during that same time is a quite different.  I know that I log right back off when I see two arena's with 94/116.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
I suppose you never play at euro primetime

It's a massive problem to us.

Those are the times i play most actually. Around 11am - 1pm my time which is PST.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 07:51:23 PM »
Those are the times i play most actually. Around 11am - 1pm my time which is PST.

So when caps are 190/100, 20/150, it doesn't take you more than 5 minutes to get into the full arena? Amazing considering it usually takes 1-2 hours to get numbers about equal ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
Its a big deal if the reason you play this game
is to socialize online with friends you've made
in the game....not to mention being able to fly
with your squaddies.

Have a little sympathy for the guy.  He IS being
treated like luggage.

i completely understand the complaint that there really is no reason to split 200 people up in the "off" hours..
i completely understand why people want to fly in the 105 arena when theres only 10 or 20 in the other..
but when theres 116 in one, and 94 in the other, I do not understand. that's all I'm saying.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
When I login to arena caps, I look and see how far the split is.  I notice normally once it's at about 85% occupancy of the other arena, they both open up (2-5 minute wait usually).  Not a huge deal, and if the arenas are that evenly split, it's normally a crapshoot to find out which arena has more even numbers and fight and better map.

Now, when I login at 8AM-10AM PST, this is what I see...  Orange has 140 players, Blue has 20 players, both arenas are open.  I go into Orange due to the more numbers = better fight philosophy and without doubt there is a HUGE misbalance of players somewhere in the arena.  Normally 2 sides will have 20-30 players, and then one side will be 60-80 players rolling the map and no decent fights going on anywhere.  Normally ENY sucks if you're unlucky enough to be on the side stacked against, and its frustrating to even find a fight, let alone a good one.

So I go to Blue.  Yeah there's only 20 players, but normally there's better fights going on, and within 2 to 3 hours, you end up with a pretty populated arena with usually ballanced sides that ends up being a better fight.  Then #'s drop, you get bored, and go back into Orange and to a hugely unbalanced map and roster.

As to flying with the squads, it's simple, fly blue for squad events.  2 of the last 3 squads I've flown with fly almost strictly blue to avoid arena cap problems unless it's early in the morning.

"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead...........

FYI

:D
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »
When I login to arena caps, I look and see how far the split is.  I notice normally once it's at about 85% occupancy of the other arena, they both open up (2-5 minute wait usually).  Not a huge deal, and if the arenas are that evenly split, it's normally a crapshoot to find out which arena has more even numbers and fight and better map.

Now, when I login at 8AM-10AM PST, this is what I see...  Orange has 140 players, Blue has 20 players, both arenas are open.  I go into Orange due to the more numbers = better fight philosophy and without doubt there is a HUGE misbalance of players somewhere in the arena.  Normally 2 sides will have 20-30 players, and then one side will be 60-80 players rolling the map and no decent fights going on anywhere.  Normally ENY sucks if you're unlucky enough to be on the side stacked against, and its frustrating to even find a fight, let alone a good one.

So I go to Blue.  Yeah there's only 20 players, but normally there's better fights going on, and within 2 to 3 hours, you end up with a pretty populated arena with usually ballanced sides that ends up being a better fight.  Then #'s drop, you get bored, and go back into Orange and to a hugely unbalanced map and roster.

As to flying with the squads, it's simple, fly blue for squad events.  2 of the last 3 squads I've flown with fly almost strictly blue to avoid arena cap problems unless it's early in the morning.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »
Why do people like to manufacture so many problems around here? Just tell your squad to get their big ol' bazookas into blue or else! If they say no then apparently they don't want to fly with you, so why do you want to fly with them?

it's human nature.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)