Author Topic: Back from first airshow  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
Re: Back from first airshow
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Everyone in the 80th was going but we never got off the ground.

Just like the MA!

:P
   :O :rofl  :lol  :rofl  :lol  :rofl     :neener:
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
I went on sunday, it was pretty sweet.  I'll try and get some pictures up and posted.  Unfortunately, I didn't have $5 extra bucks to spend to go out and get up close w/ the P38's, but got right up on everything else I could.  It was pretty sweet.

I watched the F22 demonstration from the East side of the event back by the taxiway and gates, so you really couldn't hear the announcer, and the Raptor was doing a lot of manuvers right over that section of the runway.  It was pretty awesome.  I have to say, I shoulda brought a chair.  I'll remember next time.  I had to pop a squat inside the C5 for about 15 minutes to sit down and get out of the sun for a minute, then it was back to the beer tent and back to the show.

Favorite part hands down was the P38's forming up on the F22.  My camera was dead (no batteries) so I gotta get pics from a friend, see if his were any good.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Drewster327

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
Here's a photo I got of the Heritage flight

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
Borderline?   :lol  I ain't going to flame you dude, cause you think that's all I do...... But maybe you should know what the word means before you use it.  

Have to say though, the announcer for the F-22 would have been a bit better if he talked a lot less, at one point it seemed like he was just spewing out ? borderline ? propaganda, lol.

Also keep in mind this.........  The only reason you were allowed to walk up to a Raptor is the propaganda associated with, and forced onto, it's showing off.  American's are not the only people that go to our airshows kid.  In essence, we allow for counter espionage at an airshow simply because we are spewing misinformation.  

:salute Sir

And may I just say.... Those camera phone pics are dam awesome!!!   :aok
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:06:40 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:21 PM »
we allow for counter espionage at an airshow simply because we are spewing misinformation.

And you told them... sheesh.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:57 AM »
Borderline?   :lol  I ain't going to flame you dude, cause you think that's all I do...... But maybe you should know what the word means before you use it.  

Also keep in mind this.........  The only reason you were allowed to walk up to a Raptor is the propaganda associated with, and forced onto, it's showing off.  American's are not the only people that go to our airshows kid.  In essence, we allow for counter espionage at an airshow simply because we are spewing misinformation.  

:salute Sir

And may I just say.... Those camera phone pics are dam awesome!!!   :aok

thanks for the comment on my pics, its the 2nd phone i've gone through of that model, about to get a 3rd, they have amazing speaker audio for music, voice recording and photo. Only problem is, I have a knack of breaking them.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!