Author Topic: AVA challenge  (Read 2218 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA challenge
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
The best rule would be no taunting, flaming or trash talking.

This is the one rule that no matter what must be enforced by both sides.  Otherwise the AVA for this session is a war zone and you are subject to destruction or death without notice and in any manner applicable.  If we can stick with this, the Pigs will be your Huckleberry.  Awaiting the AVA Regulars response....
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »
During the event this would be grounds for ejection, hows that? lets just say, if you cant do it in the FSO, you cant do it during the event!

any other rules of engagement would have to be agreed upon in open forum.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 01:16:53 PM »
This is the one rule that no matter what must be enforced by both sides.  Otherwise the AVA for this session is a war zone and you are subject to destruction or death without notice and in any manner applicable.  If we can stick with this, the Pigs will be your Huckleberry.  Awaiting the AVA Regulars response....

I agree with this completely. Once you start adding in more "rules of engagement", it takes away from the event IMO. This should be kill or be killed, not a round robin of 1 on 1's.

Oh and, I'm in!

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
oh trust me, this will not be any 1 V 1, this is going to be full out war!

<edit> twizzty, you're on my side right? :pray   im ascaired to fly against you!!  :bolt:

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »
less talking more doing.....
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »
Rules of engagement?

No ho's? This could be a problem in as as much as I avoid ho's and love no icons, I've accidentally done it in a big furball when I suddenly got a snapshot and couldn't immediately tell the bogies direction.

No vulching? Could say wheels must be up before attack, but not very enforceable.

Rules or no rules as long as everyone agrees, is fine with me.

if it's a capture the flag kind of thing, i'd hafta say that anything goes.....although it would piss me off to get ho'd.......in base captures, that happens all the time. there's too much grey area if we try to not have them.

i'd say maybe only eliminate ramming, as the defender would have too much advantage should they do that......

also...the no taunting/flaming thing.....this brings us back to the "neutral" cm from one of the sea events.........they(hopefully) will look at both sides evenly, and go with a 1 warning, if it happens again, then eject that person.....regardless of who they are, or what side they happen to be on.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:31:02 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »
I agree with this completely. Once you start adding in more "rules of engagement", it takes away from the event IMO. This should be kill or be killed, not a round robin of 1 on 1's.

Oh and, I'm in!

i just put my pee 38 in an armored, nuclear powered, fully shielded, booby-trapped bunker deep underground, at an undisclosed location.

now lets see ya break it.  :devil :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »
we can make up a short rule set that everyone will be happy with. the rules only affect the participants anyway. again this is just for the event, not for daily use.

i wouldnt want to say no ho-ing because its gonna happen, i would say please avoid hoing, and that would be workable.

i would say no vulching on approach or take off ie wheels and flaps down. now if the other side is about to take the base and you need to CAP it, well then vulching is fair tactics. its up to each squad to do the right thing, that's all. again rules will be predetermined and agreed upon.

again its all in the wording and what people want to agree to. this is not for general use, but rather for the event only.

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
oh trust me, this will not be any 1 V 1, this is going to be full out war!

<edit> twizzty, you're on my side right? :pray   im ascaired to fly against you!!  :bolt:

hehe, yeah I'm an AvA regular for this!  :rock

i just put my pee 38 in an armored, nuclear powered, fully shielded, booby-trapped bunker deep underground, at an undisclosed location.

now lets see ya break it.  :devil :neener:

I don't have to break it CAP...I just have to wait for you to!  :D  :devil

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »
object: capture the flag! pick 2 bases close to each other, AVA players at one base, JGXXX(insert any large Squad name here) at the other base. object is to capture the other guys' base. mind you this would involve identical planes at both bases, GV'ing is fair game. this is not a strictly aerial battle but rather a battle of wits!

You know, that might be an interesting future feature idea. Hang a flag in mid-air, if a plane hits it, they pick it up. Have to get the flag back to some base without being shot down. You could do all the rules: central flag with two separate bases or a flag at each base, flag drops at the spot when you die or is returned to original start point, etc. That could be an interesting team variant of the KOTH nights...
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »
Rules of engagement?

:aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
if it's a capture the flag kind of thing, i'd hafta say that anything goes.....although it would piss me off to get ho'd.......in base captures, that happens all the time. there's too much grey area if we try to not have them.

i'd say maybe only eliminate ramming, as the defender would have too much advantage should they do that......

also...the no taunting/flaming thing.....this brings us back to the "neutral" cm from one of the sea events.........they(hopefully) will look at both sides evenly, and go with a 1 warning, if it happens again, then eject that person.....regardless of who they are, or what side they happen to be on.

Hello Cap,

You know you and I have always been friendly bro.  Since the Pigs are the front runners for the first go round of this idea.  First, I can assure you that the Pigs will not be trash-talking, flaming and such.  I simply will not allow it.  I do expect the same behavior in turn form the other side.  Second, the possibility of a HO (gun to gun solution) may occur in the heat of battle.  It is not any of my squad's first choice, as most of us have learned that separated merges to gain a kill shot without endangering our plane is a better way to go.  Third, intentional ramming is simply not possible.

With all of that said, and reading Captain1MA's posts, it looks like we will be able to hammer out the guidelines before the match so we are all settled.  I look forward to this in fun, and I promise a heckuva fight.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Hello Cap,

You know you and I have always been friendly bro.  Since the Pigs are the front runners for the first go round of this idea.  First, I can assure you that the Pigs will not be trash-talking, flaming and such.  I simply will not allow it.  I do expect the same behavior in turn form the other side.  Second, the possibility of a HO (gun to gun solution) may occur in the heat of battle.  It is not any of my squad's first choice, as most of us have learned that separated merges to gain a kill shot without endangering our plane is a better way to go.  Third, intentional ramming is simply not possible.

With all of that said, and reading Captain1MA's posts, it looks like we will be able to hammer out the guidelines before the match so we are all settled.  I look forward to this in fun, and I promise a heckuva fight.

:salute

Way

and we'll continue to be friendly too, 'cause you're a cool guy from what i've experienced here, and in the arenas.......and i can't wait to see/hear how much fun it is.  :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »
posted by jimson:

This is basically the only rule you need and the only one you can realistically enforce. Treat other players with respect, keep your cool and the rest will work itself out.

posted by waystin2:
...So what if anything as far as tactics is off the table?  My preference is nothing.  I plan on my Pigs being shot from all angles, vulched, bombed, camped, my hangars, ordnance and DAR porked...

I agree with this completely. Just get in there, give it your best shot, have some fun and let the chips fall where they may. Don't worry about trying to "control" how other players fly. It just causes way more problems then it solves.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
and we'll continue to be friendly too, 'cause you're a cool guy from what i've experienced here, and in the arenas.......and i can't wait to see/hear how much fun it is.  :salute

+1

The Flying Pigs are all goods in my book

:aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute