Author Topic: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement  (Read 2549 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
hey, you're on my team, there will be none on that.....unless of course, there are sheep involved!   :D

<edit> on another note, i was thinking, which is always a bad thing, whats everyone's thoughts on turning up that ack that night to MA or slight higher settings? im just thowing it out there!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:49:42 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
Invitation accepted.  As, far as the ack, maybe it's just me but, I seem to be able to attract lethal golden BBs from the current settings.  :x  I'm sure it's just my magnetic personality though.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »
it doesnt need to change, im just throwing it out there to see what people think?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »
Regardless, I'll still get tagged by the stuff, even if they are using BB guns.  :lol   :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »
maybe that was one of the red guys that kept killing you when you werent looking? :O

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »
Oh no, it was definitely flak BBs.  Kinda like Dicho, it's Wow, where he come from? OK, I can do this...How'd he do that?!....followed by "oh crap"BOOM.  :cry  The flak BBs are much more subtle with that light tink, tink, tink, and then there's blood or oil or both all over the canopy.   :rofl   Sometimes it's just one of those days.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2010, 06:03:02 AM »
I am recommending ACK setting of .75 to 1.0.  Currently at .25.  The Pigs are quite used to working in a 1.0 environment so it really is up to you folks.  Thoughts gentlemen?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »
the reason we keep it down in the AVA is to keep people from hiding in the ack. we can set it to whatever people are comfortable with, or just leave it. thoughts?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »
the reason we keep it down in the AVA is to keep people from hiding in the ack. we can set it to whatever people are comfortable with, or just leave it. thoughts?

ya know one of my favorite things in the ava though?

i never see anyone try to hide in the ack. i've yet to see someone run from a fight.

now, i just need to get that current issue of penthouse planted in twizztys airplane, so he'll be distracted enough for me to pick him some more.  :devil :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:39 AM »
Ack in the AvA is a pointer.  Ack is all seeing.  It always points to the bad guys.

My opinion is to leave the lethality down.  The auto spot on the enemy is benefit enough.

Another opinion, rules of engagement are nice ideas, but it should be "anything goes."  Any ROE will lead to friction.  For example, HO restrictions will lead to a debate on where "HO" stops and "front quarter shot" begins. 
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
by the way cap, 38g in next weeks setup.

point taken rufus, however we will be asking people not to do it(hoing). we'd like to keep it as civilized as possible, knowing its going to happen. we just want to keep it to a minimum. this will only be for the AVA challenge. not a regular everyday thing.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »
Oh no, it was definitely flak BBs.  Kinda like Dicho, it's Wow, where he come from? OK, I can do this...How'd he do that?!....followed by "oh crap"BOOM.  :cry  The flak BBs are much more subtle with that light tink, tink, tink, and then there's blood or oil or both all over the canopy.   :rofl   Sometimes it's just one of those days.

:rofl
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 08:19:28 AM »
by the way cap, 38g in next weeks setup.

point taken rufus, however we will be asking people not to do it(hoing). we'd like to keep it as civilized as possible, knowing its going to happen. we just want to keep it to a minimum. this will only be for the AVA challenge. not a regular everyday thing.

coolness!! i'll make sure the 80th doods know. i got about 5 responses....all positive.   any challenge that may occur with us though, would be just fun air battles though, as that's more fun..........see who can litter the landscape with more of their own parts kind of.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:07 AM »
cap1:

Since this is a base taking event instead of the usual AvA dogfight format I think the field ack should be turned up a bit. With current settings it's to easy for one guy to de-ack an entire airfield or town by himself. Let's make it a little more challenging.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
I understand the encouragement not to hide in the Ack.  I will tell you that I did a test pass through the enemy ack last night in a P-40E.  In the regular MA's I should have been pinged all to hell.  Not a scratch.  If the Pigs come to take your ack with this setting, it will happen fairly easily without a lot of damage to ourselves.  Of course it works both ways...  I would recommend at least a bump to .5 to give some protection from air and ground attacks.  Yep, I said Air & Ground.  I am comfortable with whatever your decision is Captain.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!