Author Topic: Help with Cyborg 3D stick setup.  (Read 441 times)

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Help with Cyborg 3D stick setup.
« on: September 24, 2000, 07:02:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a new Cyborg 3D stick and I'd like to know if it's possible to set it up the way my old TMpro stick worked.

I used to be able to get two views for each hat position depending on if I had another button pressed or not.

For example, if I had the hat up, I would get the forward up view. But if while the hat was up, I pressed another button on the stick, the view would snap to the up view. That other button was the one that fell under the little finger, what was called the pinkie button, and it was very natural to combine the movement of the thumb on the hat with the little finger on the pinkie button.
In that way I was able to get the main lift vector views (forward, forwardup, up, backup, and back)with just two hat positions.  

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the Cyborg, by combining a button on the base of the stick with the hat. Does anyone know if that is possible, and if so how to do it?

If not, does anyone have a good Cyborg setup I can try out?

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2000, 08:33:00 AM »
Ya, you have to manually program, I think. One of the base buttons as "up".  However, I think you have to press and release the base button with each view. I had the Cyborg (old gameport model)too.  Have moved to X36 USB
 www.saitekhelp.com

This is a good place for help.  They have a BBS there too, where ya can leave questions.

Did you get the Gold one?

I saw tha CompUSA had the X36 on sale this past weekend, only $79.95.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2000, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the response.

I did the manual program but you were right, I couldn't get it to work seamlessly.

I took a look at the x36 stick and it has a pinkie button!!! Love at first sight  

Any idea if that works the way I described?

Thanks...

Badboy

Originally posted by 1776:
Ya, you have to manually program, I think. One of the base buttons as "up".  However, I think you have to press and release the base button with each view. I had the Cyborg (old gameport model)too.  Have moved to X36 USB  
 www.saitekhelp.com

This is a good place for help.  They have a BBS there too, where ya can leave questions.

Did you get the Gold one?

I saw tha CompUSA had the X36 on sale this past weekend, only $79.95.

Hope this helps  

Good Luck

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
I use the hat on the throttle for my 45 degree views  I think it would work the way you say.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
Hi Badboy,
 Long time Cyborg 3D user here,

I've got a command center file for the game port version & a SGE file for the USB version (Both mapped the same). If you want I can mail it to you just let me know which one. (Once you have got it you can modify it to suit). The look around views and Up @ 45 degrees work seamless but look down is a little messy.

TTFN
snafu