Author Topic: song suggestions??  (Read 433 times)

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
song suggestions??
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
i am making a movie, great shots and everything, just 1 problem....i need a song to go with and how to get it. if you have a song that you think would go with a p38 tearing it up in the skys, plz do tell me the song.

thanks, 301Ruger

RedTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: song suggestions??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
That's really up to you. Your video. You pick something that fits in whatever way. Be it the emotion feeling you got (elation?) be it the fast paced action (fast beat?) -- totally subjective.

It's an art that must be practiced to become proficient. So practice by picking a song and see if the end result works.

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
That's really up to you. Your video. You pick something that fits in whatever way. Be it the emotion feeling you got (elation?) be it the fast paced action (fast beat?) -- totally subjective.

It's an art that must be practiced to become proficient. So practice by picking a song and see if the end result works.

thanks Krusty, but i think ill go ahead and post it with no sound, first ever film that ive made, been working on it for awhile but looks great in my eyes.

RedTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »
Well, if you're not making a MUSIC video, you need sounds still. Otherwise it's incomplete. Gunfire, explosions, booms, engines.... You can't just leave it blank or folks really won't enjoy it as much.

My $0.02

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »
Well, if you're not making a MUSIC video, you need sounds still. Otherwise it's incomplete. Gunfire, explosions, booms, engines.... You can't just leave it blank or folks really won't enjoy it as much.

My $0.02

haha thanks, i do have the film sounds just no music  :D

RedTail

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »
In a music video the music needs to fit the action. Also the ideal time for a video is 3-5 minutes. Any longer and you may have trouble keeping a viewer's interest unless it's very good.

I like to actually base my video around my song selection, I also enjoy matching video clips to the beats in the song. Both bass drum beats, and tempos as well. ie if it's a slow part in the song I'll put in a slow dog fight scene or something else creative.

I usually do most of my videos quite fast paced though, to keep the energy.

As for actually choosing music, it just depends on what you want to put in it. Most of my music is from favorite songs. Just depends on what you think feels fit, it's your video after all!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 08:42:58 PM »
In a music video the music needs to fit the action. Also the ideal time for a video is 3-5 minutes. Any longer and you may have trouble keeping a viewer's interest unless it's very good.

I like to actually base my video around my song selection, I also enjoy matching video clips to the beats in the song. Both bass drum beats, and tempos as well. ie if it's a slow part in the song I'll put in a slow dog fight scene or something else creative.

I usually do most of my videos quite fast paced though, to keep the energy.

As for actually choosing music, it just depends on what you want to put in it. Most of my music is from favorite songs. Just depends on what you think feels fit, it's your video after all!
thanks spikes, its my first film still having a few flaws in the editing and all but will get the hang of things soon i hope with more tips that i have been receiving. :D

RedTail

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
You will learn to love making films...it takes a while to get used to...but once you get 'the routine' down it's easy to crank out a film and make it look good.
Here is my youtube channel thingy. It's got a couple films on it if you are looking for ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GR8QUAH

Glad I can be of a little help. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
Gods gonna cut you down, Johnny cash  :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3