Author Topic: Microsoft FF2 Repair  (Read 21401 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Microsoft FF2 Repair
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
glue gun?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
I'd use some of that quick cure epoxy that the modelers use. Check out the hobby shops for  a good one for plastic. Mix it, apply it, let it set, and file it down to the right size and shape. Good luck!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »
Great Post guys.  In the same area, my MS FF 2 Stick has a plastic trigger. On the back side of the trigger is a little molded nub that makes contact with an inner button which fires my guns.  Unfortunately that little plastic nub has worn down to the point that it really doesn't depress the inner button anymore.  I've searched high and low for a replacement trigger, but to no avail.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to repair the trigger or rebuild that plastic nub?  My stick works just great except for the worn trigger.

PM nrshida ask nicely he may have a dismantled sidewinder parts sitting around.  :salute

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »
You missed out. I had one that was like new that I sold.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 07:05:55 AM »
Great Post guys.  In the same area, my MS FF 2 Stick has a plastic trigger...

Does your trigger look like this Razzor?:-

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
Bump. Can anyone that knows 'Razzor 479th' give him a nudge, he can have this trigger if he PMs me his postal address. It's surplus to my requirements and like new.

Any Pigs on the Wing reading this? Pass on the message please.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »
will do nishida thanks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
Bump. Can anyone that knows 'Razzor 479th' give him a nudge, he can have this trigger if he PMs me his postal address. It's surplus to my requirements and like new.

Any Pigs on the Wing reading this? Pass on the message please.

Hey, that's it exactly, I'll send the PM now.  Thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!   :banana:   :x   :rock

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 01:58:21 AM »
Is there a site where I can order replacement buttons for the FFB2?  My trigger has been inop for quite a while (heavier duty button inside) and Im just about out of spare scavenged buttons (aside from the trigger button) from other older MS joysticks. 

Several years ago a friend sent me a link to such a site, unfortunately it has been long since lost.

Thanks in advance,

Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Is there a site where I can order replacement buttons for the FFB2?  My trigger has been inop for quite a while (heavier duty button inside) and Im just about out of spare scavenged buttons (aside from the trigger button) from other older MS joysticks. 

Several years ago a friend sent me a link to such a site, unfortunately it has been long since lost.

Thanks in advance,

Nish

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280432.0.html

Offline YamaRaja

• Copper Member
      • Elite Squad
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »

Thanks in advance,

Nish

Nish, get ahold of me I have a lightly used FFB1 in great shape I dont use if your interested. I also have 18 Precision Pro 1's the stick I use. (didnt want to ever run out lol)
Never leave a wingman behind

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
I am having to do all my hat switches again  :cry this thread was so good I had to thank shida again for it  :)

Another old thread with links to the replacement switch part numbers as well

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 03:10:12 AM »
I am having to do all my hat switches again  :cry this thread was so good I had to thank shida again for it  :)

Another old thread with links to the replacement switch part numbers as well

No worries mate, I'm just sorry I don't have another circuit to send you. Never did hear if Razzor 479th received the trigger I sent to him.  :frown:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
No worries mate, I'm just sorry I don't have another circuit to send you. Never did hear if Razzor 479th received the trigger I sent to him.  :frown:

I might be mad but I think the switches on this one are a different setup, the hat switch is a pole pushed through 4 buttons surrounding it, the pole has worn out but I managed to save it by putting a very fine metal sleeve around it. It needs done I have lost nearly all my views, I think if I had a decent soldering iron it wouldn't be such a pain.

Sadly I am using this unwieldy monster its a pita to use  :cry

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
I might be mad but I think the switches on this one are a different setup, the hat switch is a pole pushed through 4 buttons surrounding it, the pole has worn out but I managed to save it by putting a very fine metal sleeve around it. It needs done I have lost nearly all my views

Yeah that's it. That's the standard approach to the design. Should make a hall effect replacement kit. I bet I could become rich beyond the dreams of average  :banana:

Big old industrial iron is that one. You can sometimes get a small one quite cheap. Next time you're in Amsterdam Perv, bring it with you. We can have a curry while I fix it for you  :joystick:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-