Author Topic: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 22937 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »
Jonah, we have to get it done today before 6. Let me know.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »
Any day after 9 central?
Ok I'll let ya know
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
Seafire/JB11
F4UA/ Suns
P47d11/ Suns

Great fights  <S>
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
Suns we need your films.  This is a disputed result and will automatically force an extension to Tuesday with you're next opponent should you be proved the winner by film.  You have 36 hours to post the films and the committee has 36 hours from then to determine a winner.

J3EWNAH Hasn't posted in this thread since the last update and therefore loses by forfeit.

Here's the bracket.

Ink's response below is to my earlier disgusted post here (since modified) that this will be the last tournament.  I really don't have the time to babysit this anymore.  I should be in bed now and here I am instead facing a short night's sleep and another 13 hour work day doing this instead.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:41:01 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2010, 11:20:35 PM »
what....why? this is a good thing BE...if my setup was in the same state I woulda been apart of it.....seems like lotsa guys feel the same way....Eather way I had fun and wish you the best                                                        Paul

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
sorry eagle i cant run film on the PC im stuck using. why is it disputed? I've never had anything like that in the past.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »
sorry eagle i cant run film on the PC im stuck using. why is it disputed? I've never had anything like that in the past.

i think because the loser has to post
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »
It would be extraordinarily easier to film the fights and just go off the honor system.  If there is a dispute, the pilot who disputes can review his film and see if his dispute has merit.  If it does then he can log a complaint with BE and go from there.  That way you don't have to review film for every single fight between vets who obviously aren't contesting the results.  Waste of time/effort/sanity reviewing films unless there is a huge cash prize involved.  Regardless of who posts the results (All these scandelous bbs duelers going around posting false results to be asses... i know) if the loser doesn't dispute within 48 hours it stands.  Do yourself a favor and make it easier on yourself be.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:44:10 PM by grizz441 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2010, 11:45:52 PM »

It's disputed because the loser has to post results to verify the win.  If the loser posts then it's an undisputed win.

It would be extraordinarily easier to film the fights and just go off the honor system.

It would be extraordinarily easier if people could just follow the rules and the loser posted the results.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:47:51 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2010, 11:53:10 PM »
No big deal. I'm sure 11 will be around shortly.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:20 AM »
It would be extraordinarily easier if people could just follow the rules and the loser posted the results.

Lol ok, have it you way.  5 tournaments and countless infractions now?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2010, 12:36:45 AM »
Lol ok, have it you way.  5 tournaments and countless infractions now?

I wouldn't say countless infractions but we have had several instances in each tournament where a winner has posted results in questionable circumstances.  While all of these to date have been in elimination rounds the rules are there to run a fair and impartial tournament as well as to streamline the decision making process.

I'm not a big fan of rules but over time they've expanded to include more and more circumstaces that have cropped up.  At the end of the day all I want is for everyone involved to say that I ran the tournament fairly and didn't play favorites.  Do you think I really enjoy pouring over every post between updates seeing who did and didn't post and what they said and when to determine if they should advance or forfeit or deal with the mounds of PMs I get during rounds?

I don't think that given the fact that we hold everyone else to the rules that they should suddenly be discarded in the later rounds.

I'm working 12-13 hour days with an hour or more of commute time to make ends meet.  I have about two hours of free time when I get home at night and if things don't click to allow me to update on Sunday nights then my limited time for any type of relaxation gets eaten into.  So Sunday didn't work out this week so here I am Tuesday only to find out I'll probably be back each night the rest of the week to see if things got settled.  It might be funny to you but it's not to me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
I wouldn't say countless infractions but we have had several instances in each tournament where a winner has posted results in questionable circumstances.  While all of these to date have been in elimination rounds the rules are there to run a fair and impartial tournament as well as to streamline the decision making process.

I'm not a big fan of rules but over time they've expanded to include more and more circumstaces that have cropped up.  At the end of the day all I want is for everyone involved to say that I ran the tournament fairly and didn't play favorites.  Do you think I really enjoy pouring over every post between updates seeing who did and didn't post and what they said and when to determine if they should advance or forfeit or deal with the mounds of PMs I get during rounds?

I don't think that given the fact that we hold everyone else to the rules that they should suddenly be discarded in the later rounds.

I'm working 12-13 hour days with an hour or more of commute time to make ends meet.  I have about two hours of free time when I get home at night and if things don't click to allow me to update on Sunday nights then my limited time for any type of relaxation gets eaten into.  So Sunday didn't work out this week so here I am Tuesday only to find out I'll probably be back each night the rest of the week to see if things got settled.  It might be funny to you but it's not to me.

BE thanks for all the effort. Perhaps someone could pick it fromyou and give you a breather. I will consider it, but perhaps a more experienced veteran will step up first.

As for the desputed fights due to the loser not posting, Perhaps a time limit of 24 hours is enough. If a player really has a dispute, they should say right away. Perhaps the frustration of losing causes some to avoid the thread for a few days. No reason you should have to wait for them to return to find out they had no dispute.

As for my match with Suns. I guess we're waiting to hear from JB11, but might I suggest you assign a plane? I'm willing to fight Suns, and if something changes the outcome and I have to have a re-do with JB11, I'll just re-do it. I'm perfectly fine with more duels.  :aok 

Just trying to make it easier.

Thanks and a big  :salute for all the effort you put into this.

Vinkman
Who is John Galt?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
I kind of agree here.  If anyone has a dispute, they better say something right away.  If BE needs a breather, I don;t mind picking up the next one.  Up to ya BE.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.