Author Topic: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 22486 times)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
I'm glad to hear you worked it out.  There is no need to post films.

I have heard enough from the committee on this that I have decided to implement yet another rule.  This instance falls somewhere between the collision and disco rules in my opinion.  I believe it is up to each player to maintain their equipment sufficient to compete, and that an equipment failure by one player is no fault of the other.  Furthermore, any such claims of failure open a can of worms in terms of disputes.  Therefore the following rule will be added for this and future tournaments:

- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose any remaining duels by default.

Nothing was 'worked out' exactly, I fought him in G2s again (fun, not counting towards the bracket) and he won. It was not our rematch to which we both agreed to do Wednesday night.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
I hope its OK that I add my thoughts here. I fully support and agree with BE with regard to the rule he's added above. We need a clearly defined policy to handle this type of issue, my comments to BE reflect EXACTLY what he wrote.

However, their is always a counter point. I know Krup and personally I wouldn't want to win a fight on a "TKO". This is not aimed in anyway at JOACH1M, simply my personal thoughts. Now I am far far from the top of the dueling heap so for me flying in these was (and will be) a fun event....but Batty and all the guys who do cross props with me in the DA know I'll break off a fight I think started unfairly. I want to win...but not at any cost. So while I fully support the rule my hope is that if their is any genuine doubt in a participants mind with regard to A GENUINE TECHNICAL ISSUE proper consideration is given based on your "gut feel" of events as a matter of good sportsmanship :salute :airplane: :joystick: :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »
Nothing was 'worked out' exactly, I fought him in G2s again (fun, not counting towards the bracket) and he won. It was not our rematch to which we both agreed to do Wednesday night.

Sounds like you want to fight him until you win.  It may not be the case, but that is the impression you are giving us.  It is really not worth it.  There will be other brackets.  I'd leave it alone since you lost a second time in that plane (officially or not)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
Sounds like you want to fight him until you win.  It may not be the case, but that is the impression you are giving us.  It is really not worth it.  There will be other brackets.  I'd leave it alone since you lost a second time in that plane (officially or not)

I don't care who wins, I simply wanted a fair fight. He agreed to a rematch then changed his mind and said he wants to "see how far he gets".

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »
I agree with joach1m here

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »
I don't care who wins, I simply wanted a fair fight. He agreed to a rematch then changed his mind and said he wants to "see how far he gets".

I am just telling you it looks bad.  Were the other G2 fights fair?  In any case, it is your decision.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »
Thank you  :cheers:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
I agree with joach1m here
Thank you mick :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »

I took your comment to mean you got your rematch.

The rule will remain however, if JOACH1M were a gentleman, he'd allow the rematch, particularily if he agreed to it.  On the other hand, you did re-match in the same plane even though you considered it as not counting.  Would you have flown differently if it had?

In a related matter I do want to see your films.  Please post and forward the link to TC.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
I took your comment to mean you got your rematch.

The rule will remain however, if JOACH1M were a gentleman, he'd allow the rematch, particularily if he agreed to it.  On the other hand, you did re-match in the same plane even though you considered it as not counting.  Would you have flown differently if it had?

In a related matter I do want to see your films.  Please post and forward the link to TC.
I see it as that he chose the plane 109g2 (his plane) and the first dual he said he had issues then I let him log then we did the same plane again and I won again, don't get me wrong he gave a helluva fight. But if i beat him twice and i let him log? Am I just missing something?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »
I think someone is sore!  :noid
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
Please all Tournament Participants, please stop posting regarding this matter of the JOACH1M vs Krup match-up

all this stuff is supposed to be looked at, handled and if disputed, then disputed via the RULES laid out for all participants to read.....

BaldEagl & all the Review Committee please ask that noone else post on this matter......

and if anyone has a dispute, please handle it via PM to BaldEagl..... if BaldEagl sees fit, then he wil forward it to the Review Committee membersas needed

I am merely posting for BE, because he already puts alot of time into this, and is also working 12 to 14 hour days.....

Thank You everyone for your cooperation

Good Luck to all   :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
On another note, I had great and fun fights with Batfink!   I love the hell out of this tournament, even though I seem to always draw a killer in the first frame.  I think participating in it  has made me a better cartoon pilot, and allowed me to meet some great folks from around the world.  How awesome is that!?!

Thanks BE!   :salute
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
On another note, I had great and fun fights with Batfink!   I love the hell out of this tournament, even though I seem to always draw a killer in the first frame.  I think participating in it  has made me a better cartoon pilot, and allowed me to meet some great folks from around the world.  How awesome is that!?!

Thanks BE!   :salute
you still have yet to get in the DA with me  madda!  :furious
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
I think someone is sore!  :noid

No need for that.