Author Topic: Now for my next trick  (Read 1755 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Now for my next trick
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 06:44:25 PM »
I like how you're thinking, CAP.  It would be like, like......the real world, and real air combat, don't screw up or it's your buddy's backside :x (or bacon for some of our worthy opponents).   :salute

pretty much. i was gonna pay the neighbors kid to stand behind me, watching the fight. whenever he saw a hit scored, he'd have to rattle my chaitr, and shake the monitor. if it looked like pilot took hits, he'd have to whack me in the back of the head a few times.
 :devil

seriously......yea. picking would then become hard, as they'd be right on top of the fight, before they could tell who was friend or foe.....and at that point, their element of surprise is gone.

personally, i think it'd drive me batty trying to figure out who was friend or foe with no icons at all......but it'd be a blast getting there.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
It could get awfully lonely picking and vulching with KS off.. just sayin *innocent look*

Of course I could see Cap and I shooting each other down and laughing our butts off about it.  'dicho your right engine looks a little cold *blatblatblatblatblat* there it's on fire now that should warm it up'  :lol  *on the runway about to start* 'blamblamblamblam* You just shot down Cap1 'WTF???' 'My hit percentage is low this month I need to up the average a bit hope you don't mind'   :D

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
you know, you might be on to something there! No icons, german vs USA. hmmm its a thought. like puma said, with kill shooter off, it could be really interesting! i could always drop it down to D500 too hehehe.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »
you know, you might be on to something there! No icons, german vs USA. hmmm its a thought. like puma said, with kill shooter off, it could be really interesting! i could always drop it down to D500 too hehehe.

exactly.....and the worst that can happen, is that it doesn't work, and you change it back to how it is now. i'd be willing to bet though, that it only adds to the fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
well if you cant identify a german or american plane by D500, you got other problems hehehehe

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »
well if you cant identify a german or american plane by D500, you got other problems hehehehe

i wonder if there's an easy way to make an id card, like the real pilots had? :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »
i think a bomber setup could entice alot of MA guys too. this could be fun. 1 big mass bombing raid. oh yeah and i forgot, we could shut radar off to hehehehe.  :devil

not that i would, the no icon thing is tough enough.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:43 PM »
Hmmm.... :joystick:  No radar, eh?  It makes one wonder how many radars they had in North Africa back in the day.  Just a thought.

As more guys get time and experience with no icons it seem that visual lookout is improving.  There are a whole bunch of ya that it's way harder to sneak up on than it was a couple O' three weeks ago.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
I completely BLEW a sneak attack tonight.. kept waiting, waiting, waiting, and.. CRUD!!!  What's that... oh its a tre... You have been killed...

:furious
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
I completely BLEW a sneak attack tonight.. kept waiting, waiting, waiting, and.. CRUD!!!  What's that... oh its a tre... You have been killed...

:furious
yea when we were fighting Grumpy i kept looking around for Puma..then taptaptap boom  ohh there he is crawling outa the brush and on my six :(

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
Hmmm.... :joystick:  No radar, eh?  It makes one wonder how many radars they had in North Africa back in the day.  Just a thought.

As more guys get time and experience with no icons it seem that visual lookout is improving.  There are a whole bunch of ya that it's way harder to sneak up on than it was a couple O' three weeks ago.  :salute

last week, when you kept killing me.......i knew ya were there. i saw ya. i heard ya. i was getting "check six's" out the wazoo.

my problem was that i got myself so focused on the target....especially when i managed to saddle up on one....that although i saw and heard ya, it didn't "register" that you were there.

does that actually make sense?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
yep.. perfect sense.. 'just a few more seconds and I can brea' ooohhh I'm in the tower again.. what no coffee?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 09:44:23 PM »
i think a bomber setup could entice alot of MA guys too. this could be fun. 1 big mass bombing raid. oh yeah and i forgot, we could shut radar off to hehehehe.  :devil

not that i would, the no icon thing is tough enough.

is there a way to turn off the dots, but leave the bar? it may chase too many away with no dar at all.....but if there's a bar.....at least they know what sector to look in.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
from CAP1:
is there a way to turn off the dots, but leave the bar?...

I really like this idea. You would know what sector the bad guys are in without the GPS aspect of dot dar. Also, if you're in a fight and lose visual on the bandit you can't use dot dar as a crutch to make contact again. What I'd really like to see is dot dar in the tower only. In the case of the massive bomber raid, a player could stay in the tower and GCI friendlies into the best position to intercept.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »
from CAP1:
I really like this idea. You would know what sector the bad guys are in without the GPS aspect of dot dar. Also, if you're in a fight and lose visual on the bandit you can't use dot dar as a crutch to make contact again. What I'd really like to see is dot dar in the tower only. In the case of the massive bomber raid, a player could stay in the tower and GCI friendlies into the best position to intercept.

THAT is a VERY excellent idea!!!!!!!

:aok :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"