Author Topic: I need everyone's Opinion--battle of the bridges  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
Re: I need everyone's Opinion--battle of the bridges
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2010, 04:12:27 AM »
lets do it

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
Lessee, I think I paid about 250-300? on Ebay. New they are about 400.

http://www.vuzix.com/iwear/products_vr920.html

I don't remember what they were like depth perception wise. That was a couple of AH versions ago.

Kind of shows you what I thought of them that I just stuck em in a cabinet for the last year or two.

I think it's a technology that has potential, but the resolution really needs to improve, I remember having a lot of trouble reading the text buffer with them on.

If I ever get them repaired, I'll do some more testing and write up a review.

hhmm........for 400, might be worth a try........but i'm not sure i like the idea of having trouble reading the text buffer. if that's not clear, or easy to read, then the graphics themselves would have to kind of suck on em too.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:45 AM »
hhmm........for 400, might be worth a try........but i'm not sure i like the idea of having trouble reading the text buffer. if that's not clear, or easy to read, then the graphics themselves would have to kind of suck on em too.......

Can we move this to a separate thread?

The answer is "not necessarily". When you put 2D elements into a 3D game, they still get a Z value (depth value), so they are basically a billboard placed in the 3D space. To make 2D elements clear/readable when using 3D viewing, you want that Z value to be the focal point of the stereovision viewing mode. If they aren't, they'll be blurry and out-of-focus. It's one of the big issues with trying to use stereoscopic viewing on a game not tested on it. I've actually put an option into software I've written to let you set the Z value for 2D interface elements in case users change the default focal point for some other reason. But it's common for reticules and HUD elements to be blurry if the developer has not accounted for it no matter how sharp the 3D looks.

Or they could just have cheap LCDs in there with low resolution to begin with, if they are trying to keep refresh rates up (important) and costs down (also important).
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron