Author Topic: Contrails?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Contrails?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
People may dismiss this but I think aces high should move to consoles.  Use Sony's free PSN network to deliver free-to-download aces high.  
I have a PS3 and I use it also as desktop gaming.  Latest generations of consoles such as PS3.  These consoles have development life-cycle of more than 10 years now.  No one has yet to really stress PS3's computing and graphics capabilities.  
I'm willing to bet that PS3 can go as far as 15 years.  If Sony does make a PS4, I think it would be just an upgraded PS3 with just more system/graphics memory and lower power consumption.  Sony's a genius for setting a new trend in this regard.

Looking at HTC's player base, this would be a terrible idea.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
People may dismiss this but I think aces high should move to consoles.  I have a PS3 and I use it also as desktop gaming.  Use Sony's free PSN network to deliver free-to-download aces high.  Latest generations of consoles such as PS3.  These consoles have development life-cycle of more than 10 years now.  No one has yet to really stress PS3's computing and graphics capabilities.  
I'm willing to bet that PS3 can go as far as 15 years.  If Sony does make a PS4, I think it would be just an upgraded PS3 with just more system/graphics memory and lower power consumption.  Sony's a genius for setting a new trend in this regard.

No thank you.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline valad94

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
that's what radiator damage is for  :lol

but seriously though

A BIG +1
Proud member of ROLLING THUNDER

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
NO.....Snailman can see us from 20 sectors away now :x
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
if AH2 goes PS3, i am not gonna buy a PS3 to play it.  which means i will not be playing it anymore.  I think a lot of people will agree with me here. 

I also think its pretty crazy to think that the PS 3 console will stay viable compaired to computers for even 3 years or so, let alone 10.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »
Why not add plane contrails for flights at high altitudes?
Would have been cool ... However, too many planes at the same time will mess up the graphics, I think.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »
I still support this brilliant idea. :aok +2
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »
Hecks yeah! Then ThundrEGG and his boys would really look awesome at high alt in their 17's with our 38's circling!  :devil

+1

You don't want to fly into my contrail. You never know what I've had for dinner. :neener:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 01:20:30 AM »
Would say good idea if my computer was little (as in alot) faster.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
You don't want to fly into my contrail. You never know what I've had for dinner. (Image removed from quote.) :neener:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 10:12:22 AM »
Plus one on this.

And in regards to ThundrEgg and his 82nd buddies, if you look into the sun just to the left a bit. You will see our Spitfires diving on your sorry butts, be afraid, be very afraid.

The contrails will show us where you are. That will be fun  :devil
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »
People may dismiss this but I think aces high should move to consoles.  I have a PS3 and I use it also as desktop gaming.  Use Sony's free PSN network to deliver free-to-download aces high.  Latest generations of consoles such as PS3.  These consoles have development life-cycle of more than 10 years now.  No one has yet to really stress PS3's computing and graphics capabilities.  

First off, you'd need really good flight controls. Second, the rest of that is just spouting PR nonsense. PCs have already flown past both the 360 and PS3 in power, and the biggest development issue for these consoles isn't the CPU / graphics power, it's the physical memory you have for textures and things that severely limits being able to throw content at it. "No one has yet to really stress PS3's computing and graphics capabilities", heh.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »
Plus one on this.

And in regards to ThundrEgg and his 82nd buddies, if you look into the sun just to the left a bit. You will see our burning Spitfires diving to the ground. Laugh, laugh very hard!

:devil

Fixed.  :t

Offline 800nate

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
+1111

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »