Author Topic: TEAMWORK  (Read 1185 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: TEAMWORK
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
another convert!!!!   :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »
And the crow goes wild, they're chanting his name

'WURZEL, WURZEL, WURZEL, WURZEL' :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
 :D ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I'm so glad I wasnt drinking anything then - my poor abused keyboard

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
**innocent look**  :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
okay Cap I watched the films and my initial opinion has been reinforced. 

Take a look at the regs in AVA.  Most of them have been around this game for a while.  In fact I've probably got the least time in the air of anybody.  There is something that draws people of similar feelings about how to play the game here.  Doesn't really matter all that much if you're buddy buddy somewhere else you want your 'side' to do well.  When I have to switch sides for balance I don't care if I'm flying with or against you my job is to kill you and keep you from killing my buddies.  To that end effective communication and teamwork can give an edge against an adversary that is trying to lone wolf it.  What works in real life works just as well here. 

Further that most of the regs here will clear your six and come to your aid if you're in trouble. 

It's not really for everybody and I respect others peoples desire to play a certain way.  I don't have to agree with it but changing their minds is an exercise in futility so I'm not going to waste any time bothering with it. 

I'm happy in the AVA.  I look forward to Monday through Thursday nights logging on, duking it out, tossing <S>'s back and forth, joking with each other cross country, then shooting the bull on the boards the next day trading pics, films, and laughter.

When it stops being fun and I don't feel like looking for potential people that would benefit from this arena and being around the people that frequent it then it's time to take up another hobby.  I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
okay Cap I watched the films and my initial opinion has been reinforced. 

Take a look at the regs in AVA.  Most of them have been around this game for a while.  In fact I've probably got the least time in the air of anybody.  There is something that draws people of similar feelings about how to play the game here.  Doesn't really matter all that much if you're buddy buddy somewhere else you want your 'side' to do well.  When I have to switch sides for balance I don't care if I'm flying with or against you my job is to kill you and keep you from killing my buddies.  To that end effective communication and teamwork can give an edge against an adversary that is trying to lone wolf it.  What works in real life works just as well here. 

Further that most of the regs here will clear your six and come to your aid if you're in trouble. 

It's not really for everybody and I respect others peoples desire to play a certain way.  I don't have to agree with it but changing their minds is an exercise in futility so I'm not going to waste any time bothering with it. 

I'm happy in the AVA.  I look forward to Monday through Thursday nights logging on, duking it out, tossing <S>'s back and forth, joking with each other cross country, then shooting the bull on the boards the next day trading pics, films, and laughter.

When it stops being fun and I don't feel like looking for potential people that would benefit from this arena and being around the people that frequent it then it's time to take up another hobby.  I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

well said.

i don't so much think i'm trying to change peoples minds when i keep ranting about the ava in the other forums. it's more like i'm sayin' "hey guys....come check this out..you might like it".
 at least that's my outlook on it. i know it's not for everyone. some have eye issues(which when i'm crazy tired, i do), some have the computer system problems......others just want to fight it out in the mains with the neon banners.
 i also think that(seeing as in general, human beings hate change) that some people are just afraid to try something different. that's not meant in a bad way....it just is what it is.

the funny thing is that pretty much everything that the ava crew has given us, has been asked for by people other than ava regulars in the past. short and no icons.....weaker ack......night time......more realism......we have it all here.

sheesh...i'm ranting again........gotta get some trash out, eat dinner, and i'll be in the arena
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)