Author Topic: Control Manager and Win7 64-bit  (Read 565 times)

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
Control Manager and Win7 64-bit
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
I may be the only one with this problem but here it is. I use a travel laptop computer when I am working out of the house. I spend 80% of my time in hotels for the time being, unfortunately. It is an Asus G73jh with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have 8 gigs of ram. Video card is ATI Radeon Mobility 5800 series. It is very fast and runs AH very well. I was having a lot of freeze problems early on when I got it. Memory, disk drives check ok. No detectable viruses or spyware. I uninstalled all the Asus software junk that came with it and that solved 99% of the "freeze" issues (computer freezes and stops responding, all I can do is push the old on/off button). Was using X-52 joystick for a while but prefer CH products. I can connect the CH Figher Stick, Pro Throttle and pedals and they check ok with Windows 7 and AH. I can also fly with these controllers no problem. The problem is Control Manager. I installed version 4.5.1 and it freezes every time I try to calibrate.

I will post all my other system info if necessary. Any "good" advice will be appreciated. :( :( :(

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Control Manager and Win7 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
I run a ch stick, with saitek throttle and pedals. Didn't bother installing control manager, just mapped my controllers via AH directly. No issues with the js etc at all.

Unless you are running specific profiles for AH and other games, I'd uninstall it.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »
I run a ch stick, with saitek throttle and pedals. Didn't bother installing control manager, just mapped my controllers via AH directly. No issues with the js etc at all.

Unless you are running specific profiles for AH and other games, I'd uninstall it.

Wurzel

Yep, that's what I am doing for now. Think I'll switch back to the Saitek pedals. There are minor issues calibrating CH Pro Pedals under Windows. Anyway, I like Saitek better than the CH's. The Pro Throttle is one smurfy piece but works fine and has more buttons that function without added software.... :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
you should post over at CH-Hangers.com.  Someone over there will be able to tell you what is going on.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
you should post over at CH-Hangers.com.  Someone over there will be able to tell you what is going on.

ack-ack

Agreed, the author of the Control Manager hangs out there (although it is ch-hangar.com). I run it right now with no instability issues, so not sure what the incompatibility might be. I am one of those who would not run it at all if I weren't messing around with an MFP, given how well AH handles the controller mappings out of the box.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:22:45 AM »
Thanks guys, I forgot about ch-forum. Headed there now.