Author Topic: "I like guns, I like guns, I like guns"  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: "I like guns, I like guns, I like guns"
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
I wonder who that astoundingly good looking fellow was shooting the M44?

What are you talking about? I was shooting the 91/30! :p

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »
What are you talking about? I was shooting the 91/30! :p

Looks like the 91/30 was shooting you.  :P
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2011, 11:25:03 PM »
Looks like the 91/30 was shooting you.  :P

lol. I will say, she kicks harder than I expected!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »

lol

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:07 AM »

What ammo were you using? I haven't shot mine in about a month but I don't remember it kicking that much. Hell my Mossberg 500 kicks harder then my 91/30.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:29 AM »
Gratz on the purchase Serenity! :aok
Now welcome to the addiction to purchasing firearms!! :x

The bolt was definitely stiff (Not sure what cleaning Tupac did overnight, but I know he's planning to oil the bolt). Very nice weapon to hold!

Yeah, that's a common problem with the 91/30(not sure about the other variations). It's called "sticky bolt". I had the same exact problem when I first got mine. Like you said, a proper cleaning and oiling should fix this problem.

This is the best shot of the fireball. And you can FEEL the shockwave when it goes! Whenever he shot while I was looking down at my own stripper clips, I could feel it roll over me, and it never stopped really dropping my jaw! It's an amazing feeling, and my new goal is to track down an M44 for myself!

You can get the same experience from the 91/30 I guess when it gets hot enough. I was at a smaller 25yd indoor range on Monday with a friend. My 91/30 was giving fireballs and I could see a big cloud of dust being kicked up off the floor like 20-30ft away :x.

What ammo were you using? I haven't shot mine in about a month but I don't remember it kicking that much. Hell my Mossberg 500 kicks harder then my 91/30.

I'm guessing it was just the normal military surplus rounds.
I didn't think the 91/30 kicks to hard either, lol.
Everyone kept telling me how hard it kicks. The guy at the gun store told me, "Good luck with this one" when I told him i've never fired a weapon before and my friend said, "10 shots and your arm will be dead"(I ended up firing all 50 rounds I had, lol)
So, first time shooting it, I was like, "That's it?". From what everyone was telling me, I was getting ready to be knocked backwards lol.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:01:22 AM by Jack16 »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
It DID... and then I shot some cheap wolf ammo through her... and now she is just... gunked to hell and back...

Shiney silver firing pin: Black.
Shiney silver bolt receiver: Black.
Shiney silver bayonet: Black.

Gunk off will cut through cosmo, but won't get all of this black off. Tried Hoppes 9. Still a little grey... Last time I EVER shoot Wolf ammo.

Did you take the bolt completely apart? Cosmo needs to be removed there and will ooze out during shooting causing a mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7X4IItVoI

Try Hoppes#9 and 0000 Steel Wool to remove the powder burns on the Bolt and Bolt Carrier and Bayo :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:22:07 AM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »
Another thing to keep in consideration is to keep it in a place with low humidity. Metal parts can rust if your not carefull.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
Did you take the bolt completely apart? Cosmo needs to be removed there and will ooze out during shooting causing a mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7X4IItVoI

Try Hoppes#9 and 0000 Steel Wool to remove the powder burns on the Bolt and Bolt Carrier and Bayo :)

I can't get it apart. I've tried everything including hammering a rod into that pin, and it won't budge. As a result, all I could do was spray Gunk Out into all the open areas of the bolt and soak it in Hoppes 9 and Gunk Out. It seems to have gotten the crud out, as it rattles nicely. I'm gonna keep trying to get the bolt apart, but so far, no luck.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
New girl joined the family today. I went to a local gunshow looking to buy some cheap 7.62x39 (I bought all of the ammo I could find in town, and already used it all! lol) and stumbled on this girl. She's got an after-market butt plate, which is a downer, as well as some scratching and rust on the exterior metal, but on the inside she's in great condition. The barrel is beautiful on the inside, and the bolt slides like butter. She's an Ishevsk M44 made in 1948, all numbers matching except the butt pad, and not force-matches either!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »
Nice rifle. How much?... You are also missing the cleaning rod   :D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
Nice rifle. How much?... You are also missing the cleaning rod   :D

Yeah :(

She was $200 with several boxes of ammo. Steep i know, but I couldn't resist. I woke up that morning saying I wanted an M44. I brought $150 with me to the gun show, and the first thing I saw walking in the door was an M44 for $250. I said "If I see a chase bank within  5 minutes of leaving the gun show, I'll withdraw another $100 and go back and haggle." Pulled out of the parking lot and there was a chase right next door. So I went back, and couldn't talk the guy lower than $200. I figure I can afford it (sorta) and I don't know when I'll happen across another M44...