Author Topic: Ghost bomber in Orange Sunday night.  (Read 452 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Ghost bomber in Orange Sunday night.
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »
Twice Sunday evening I had a four engined bomber appear in my right windscreen. There was no buff formation near me. It looked like a drone no icon but it was nearly transparent. Also the silhouette was very familiar to anybody who's studied WWII aircraft for any length of time. It certainly did not appear to be a B-17 or B-24, it makes me wonder if this year's Evil Con Mission aircraft has already been slipped into the system... Anybody else see something like this tonight?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:52:41 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Ghost bomber in Orange Sunday night.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:53:25 PM »
I see things like that all the time. Could it have been your system incorrectly rendering a plane?

Or was it "That plane" that everyone always talks about
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
Twice Sunday evening I had a four engined bomber appear in my right windscreen. There was no buff formation near me. It looked like a drone no icon but it was nearly transparent. Also the silhouette was very familiar to anybody who's studied WWII aircraft for any length of time. It certainly did not appear to be a B-17 or B-24, it makes me wonder if this year's Evil Con Mission aircraft has already been slipped into the system... Anybody else see something like this tonight?

Oh mah gawd.

Do I sense a nuclear winter in AH...?

:noid
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
Nope. Haven't experienced that. Mind giving us some screenshots, or at least a hint at what craft you think you saw?   :banana:
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »
I see things like that all the time. Could it have been your system incorrectly rendering a plane?

That's possible but I've never seen it before. There was a Rook P-38 at D1.5 to my 12. This appeared in the right windscreen nowhere near the P-38 which was just a dot anyway. There was one friendly fighter with me high to my 9 oclock. At first I thought I came upon some noe buffs but it vanished. It reappeared about 30 seconds later and appeared to be climbing. and I was close enough to where I could pick out the four engines easily as well as the nose which appeared very cylindrical... Just like the plane everyone talks about. ;)  Again it just vanished after a few seconds. I don't run film very often so I don't have any screenshots.  Probably just some kind of clitch...

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:53:04 PM »
Shifty, you've stumbled across something you were not meant to see.  Due to this security breach, it's best to just go ahead & let the cat out of the bag.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
Everyone says the B-29 is in the TA, but I can never find it! It's like a bad game of hide and go seek! :cry
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 11:43:03 PM »
Everyone says the B-29 is in the TA, but I can never find it! It's like a bad game of hide and go seek! :cry

They are lying.

Only screenshots posted of the B29 come from Il2 1946

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »
They are lying.

Only screenshots posted of the B29 come from Il2 1946

Hey Tupac, this might be embarrassing but I think your sarcasm catcher is broke, might want to have that looked at.

:aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 11:58:48 PM »
Hey Tupac, this might be embarrassing but I think your sarcasm catcher is broke, might want to have that looked at.

:aok

Yup, its broke.

I didn't catch that, i'm going to blame it on me being tired  :rolleyes: