Author Topic: Great night  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: Great night
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 06:20:27 AM »
I actually got in for one sortie, My first in a month anywhere in AH.

Flew the P38 and found the fight at the two closest bases with the LW hugging the deck.

Good to see people in the arena at 6:30 central time.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
last night was a great night in the AVA. if you missed it, you missed alot. while there are objectives for this week, no one is really trying all that hard to make them.

Last night saw new players and vets in the AVA. i saw capitol's name so many times, i thought i was in washington, D.C. the sportsmenship last night was awesome to say the least. no one was doing the normal MA stuff. It was all clean fights. it was a breath of fresh air to see that in the AVA for a change.

<S> to everyone that played last night. It was fun, i hope we can do it again. Remember, Last set up upgraded planes tonight!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
Ink, I don't know what satellite company you are with but some offer a certain amount of free back up dial up minutes and you can still fly on dial up. Use satellite for downloading and dial up to fly, it's better than Sat.

Or you can see if this is available in your area. http://www.wi-power.com/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
I actually got in for one sortie, My first in a month anywhere in AH.

Flew the P38 and found the fight at the two closest bases with the LW hugging the deck.

Good to see people in the arena at 6:30 central time.

heh... I logged in early and it was just me and 'tree'.  I started deacking a base for chuckles and he invited me to find his GV and kill him.  So I go loiter over the base he was attacking and couldn't find him.  Decided to run over to the nearest enemy base and see if he was coming up.  Did a low pass and bap bap bap .. tower.  Checked the roster and it was like the floodgates opened. 

I'll be in there tonight around the same time. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
i'm gonna try to get in tonight, but i gotta clean my garage some....get my r/c airplanes out of there, and nto the house, now that it's getting cold....and make room to put my race car in there at home, as it's a pain in the nuts moving it in and out of the shop every morning and night.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
what kind of car?  i use to run  66 Fairlane with a 418 SB
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »
what kind of car?  i use to run  66 Fairlane with a 418 SB

this one's a 68 camaro. all fiberglass body. it used to have a 454 bored to 461. now it's got a 540 in it. it ran 9.90's before....we're expecting low 9's high 8's if we ever get it back to the track.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:54 AM »
nice, we ran 10.60's all day long.  Ive got a 496 BB chevy in my Jet Boat   Merlin II heads that flow over 400 and an Enderly Injection hat on a tunnel ram.  Never on a Dyno but similar setup put out over 900HP and 700lbs of torque!  Id love to put that in a car.  I could run 8's all day long in a Nova II

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
nice, we ran 10.60's all day long.  Ive got a 496 BB chevy in my Jet Boat   Merlin II heads that flow over 400 and an Enderly Injection hat on a tunnel ram.  Never on a Dyno but similar setup put out over 900HP and 700lbs of torque!  Id love to put that in a car.  I could run 8's all day long in a Nova II

absolutley it would. the 540 is using a merlin 2 block, with canfield heads built specifically for this engine. she was dynoed to 820hp....but that's at the flywheel
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
that is a very reliable setup.  very predictable once you get your carbs dialed in.  One reason i went with injection, besides the fact it just looks squeakin its way more reliable then carbs.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »
that is a very reliable setup.  very predictable once you get your carbs dialed in.  One reason i went with injection, besides the fact it just looks squeakin its way more reliable then carbs.

if i could afford it, i'd try some sort of fuel injection. i like fi on my street cars. as it is, we have an 1100cfm dominator sitting on top. i forget which jets we put in ti though.......suffice it to say, that standing too close when the engine is throttled is a bad idea.  :x :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
lol yeah i bet.  funny thing was i wanted to run dual carbs on this engine anyway and it ended up being close to the same cost with the injection as the dual carb setup would be.  I was going for the "WOW that looks sweet" reaction as its for a boat not just function or i would have used the same as you.

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »
Last night was my first time to fly in AvA it was definatly challenging and I had a great time!   Going to try and get my squadies to come over!
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
This so isnt helping - still waiting on verizon to deliver a new router. Cap, get in yer car, drive to CA and fix up this truck for me (85 GMC).

Might even feed ya if your lucky lol.......

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
*yawn..stretch* I may get on when I get home or I may watch a little TV, check a few forums, then my email, THEN fly.  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute