Author Topic: Third AvA terrain-in progress: Crete  (Read 1215 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Third AvA terrain-in progress: Crete
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »
Though why go thru all the trouble of making those great maps when nobody is ever in that arena?

Ranger is an AvA fan and is helping to make the arena more popular. The arena is picking up too, you don't need MA numbers for a good time and almost any evening you can find some players in there now.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
I hope so I mostly play between 3 and 7pm est. I have never seen anyone in there,during this time.I know most peeps are still at work but I get off early  :neener:

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
Yeah that time period is hit and miss, you might find some folks on closer to 7pm est.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
I hope so I mostly play between 3 and 7pm est. I have never seen anyone in there,during this time.I know most peeps are still at work but I get off early  :neener:

I'm usually on by 6 Monday through Wednesday CST.  9 times out of 10 if people see 1 or 2 people in the arena they'll come in.  Look for me this Friday or next week.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 04:32:23 AM »
Looks great ,I played on the map you did that was up in AVA a few weeks ago.LOVED it!! Though why go thru all the trouble of making those great maps when nobody is ever in that arena?Could you PLEASE make a MA map we could all enjoy.Lord knows WE ALL want some new maps.New players probably don`t mind but I`m a 10yr vet and the same old same old well it gets old.Keep up the great work USranger,I( look forward to seeing what you come up with next.  :salute

Well, first of all, just looking at the forums, you will see that quite a few players do fly in this arena.  Not just any players, but some really top notch players.  The best kept secret is that it only takes 2 players in the AvA to have the best time that you have ever had in your entire 10 year history with AH!

Second Sirvlad, it is good to know that you came in to see and hopefully will relay your experience there with others to help grow the interest in the community. 

Third, features like destructible bridges and custom towns, would cause such an uproar with the MA crowd.  The business of the MA is entirely different:  3 countries;  land grab to win the war; fly any plane anytime perk points allow.  Special Events Arena and the Axis versus Allies Arena are the only arenas that HTC has allowed the customers to have a say in the types of gameplay to be had.  Rumours of H2H returning would be the only other.  If you remember the H2H furball or FFA setups hosted by players you have an sample of what AvA gameplay is about.  The "behind the scenes" that you may not be aware of, are the discussions about historical matchups, and battlefields that add to the immersion into WW2 combat and in my opinion the very best that HTC has to offer. 

They have given us these awesome cartoon rides, with awesome game mechanics and physics, and allowed folks like USRanger to design "AH Heaven"  :pray

So basically, there are awesome map makers working on and updating awesome MA maps, but the restrictions on the "creativity" is necessary to satisfy the much larger player base because of issues of consistency, frame rates, lower end cpu users, etc.

Offline tat2Yoda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »
Will this map be used in everyday play in orange and blue arenas ?
May the Force be with you.....always.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 02:55:31 PM »
probably not, they're not big enough to support the numbers of people that the MA's bring.

hey ranger.....is it done yet?   :D

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »
Magic 8 ball says "Today is not the day."
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 10:15:13 PM »
........and tomorrow isnt looking any better?