Author Topic: Taters  (Read 903 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Taters
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:15:47 AM »
now from the title you may think this is a how do I aim teh tatttter thread, but its not, the other day I am 99% sure I tatered myself, so my question is, is it possible to be close enough to someone that the splash damage from a mk 108 round kills you as well? Or did my 109 just say eff this and self destruct?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Taters
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »
Yes. Though usually it just kills your engine, not you.
-AoM-

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 01:36:39 AM »
well that's good to know that my plane isn't out to get me, as for just killing the engine, it was a very weird shot, I gave it full right rudder let a few out for the guy to fly into and by the time he hit them I had restored the rudder to normal and he was pretty close to my cockpit, so I would imagine that's how it got me
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
It's only happened to me a handful of times. It has ended every time in a brief sense of victory followed by complete confusion as I stare out the window of the tower. I'd say instantaneous death occurs when the tater explodes ~D25 from your plane.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:24:51 AM »
it was the only time so far its happened to me, most of my tater kills are between 200 and 400 away like they should be :P
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »
Yes it happens. It's so tempting to take the shot when your super close but you know it will kill you too heh.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 02:39:55 AM »
I've done it, usually it takes out my engine though, only once has it caused me to go 'boom'.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:47:49 AM »
Ah yes, the dreaded self tater.  I've even done it with 20's on a couple occasions.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
so now you guys are telling me that not only do i have to worry about every red guy out there with the lazer tracking firing abilities built into their rides and the ground with the perfect ACM but now i need to worry about myself also?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

wow and i thought playing soccer on the interstate was getting dangerous! this place is just death in a bottle!!!!

im sooooo depressed now.........  :D :D

TEC.......hold me?
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »
         I had more problems with huge chunks of shi@ flying off and me running in to them. The inevitable " you rammed me " from the collision message was hilarious. No you diddlying tard muffin I shot off your whole tail section and rammed that!

Enough about me ramming tail....miss tatering ppl thas all

:D
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
I Just tatered myself twice in a row in the same sorti.... I shouldnt have brought it up, I may have just cursed myself, and am now dooomed to my own taters for the rest of my life  :confused:
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:37:29 AM »
I Just tatered myself twice in a row in the same sorti.... I shouldnt have brought it up, I may have just cursed myself, and am now dooomed to my own taters for the rest of my life  :confused:

Well, that's not so bad. I hear they're good in just about every conceivable way. Fried, salted, dipped in catchup. Sometimes fresh, raw, with a bit of ranch. Mashed, scrambled, so on.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »
Well, that's not so bad. I hear they're good in just about every conceivable way. Fried, salted, dipped in catchup. Sometimes fresh, raw, with a bit of ranch. Mashed, scrambled, so on.

If you like 'em so much I can deliver a few to you. By air. Just fly straight and level.  :D

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »
actually, it makes it easier to give out taters if they turn hard :)
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
actually, it makes it easier to give out taters if they turn hard :)

Or go vertical.  :)
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes