Author Topic: dot E6B command  (Read 778 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: dot E6B command
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
anyone not use the mouse of a gun sight? I feel like the only one.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »
+1

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 11:16:47 PM »
My problem with the e6b...

When you open a new tab like the e6b or roster the clipboard has a separate saved position, but when I open the e6b and have the clipboard where I like it, when I open the roster and close it, the clipboard goes back to the other saved position and I have to close and re-open the e6b to get my favorite position back.

The work around for this one is you need to open and close the clipboard with whatever tab where you want it to be when you repeat the action again.

Open clipboard, open E6B, put clipboard where you want it, close clipboard.  Open clipboard.  Should open where it was when you closed it.

Repeat with roster, etc.  You also have to do the same thing in the hanger.  The clip board should stay where you put it.

The thing that really screws up clipboard position is changing resolutions.  I think where the clip board shows up when you open it is a function of where it is when you close it in any particular configuration.

I do.  My cursor is modified to look like a little gun sight.  The upper, left corner is the clicky, pointer part.  I just center it over the actual gun sight and move my head around.

I fly with the clipboard open most of the time.  At least until I get engaged.  I can't find anything without the dots and I get lost easily.  I also fly planes with small fuel capacities often so I watch the E6B closely.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
anyone not use the mouse of a gun sight?

Not in planes. Doesn't work with full 6DOF TrackIr ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 12:19:02 AM »
I have a lttle bug squashed on my screen in that spot, I thought I was cheating.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 01:15:04 AM »

I do.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »

The work around for this one is you need to open and close the clipboard with whatever tab where you want it to be when you repeat the action again.

Open clipboard, open E6B, put clipboard where you want it, close clipboard.  Open clipboard.  Should open where it was when you closed it.

Repeat with roster, etc.  You also have to do the same thing in the hanger.  The clip board should stay where you put it.

The thing that really screws up clipboard position is changing resolutions.  I think where the clip board shows up when you open it is a function of where it is when you close it in any particular configuration.

This does not work. With all tabs closed there is a specific saved position, another one for when a tab is opened. When I open the E6B it goes to the position I want it in for open tabs, but when I then check the roster and close the roster, the clipboard goes back to the closed tabs position. I have to close and open the e6b again to get it back to open tabs position.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »
I agree that it would be a handy command.  +1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
This does not work. With all tabs closed there is a specific saved position, another one for when a tab is opened. When I open the E6B it goes to the position I want it in for open tabs, but when I then check the roster and close the roster, the clipboard goes back to the closed tabs position. I have to close and open the e6b again to get it back to open tabs position.

Don't close the tab before you close the clipboard and the clipboard will stay where you want it whether the tab is open or not or whether you open the tab or not.

I.E.  Open the clipboard.  Open the tab you want.  When the clipboard moves to another point on the screen, move it where you want it to be and close the clipboard there with the tab still open.

Repeat with just the clipboard, no tabs, and all the tabs open with the clipboard where you want it and it should stay there from now on, no matter what tab you open, unless your saved settings folder gets messed up.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »
Ok sorry, I forgot to mention that the clipboard can't quite get to the position I like it in when it doesn't have tabs open, this is what I mean...
E6B open...

Tab closed...

Pictures edited, but note that the top of the image is left alone...

Further explanation just in case: I open the E6B, clipboard goes to my favorite position, I open roster, E6B remains open behind it, close the roster, clipboard reverts to closed tabs position, I have to close and open the E6B again to get my position back, and it always annoys the heck out of me.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old: