Author Topic: More use of the Announcement Forum  (Read 261 times)

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
More use of the Announcement Forum
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »
I'd like to see more use of the Announcement Forum. I'm having to train myself not to skip over the front page, but why aren't those posts noted in the Announcements Forum? Why wasn't the fact that there was a poll when logging into an arena online put on the Announcements page? I almost missed that because I wasn't able to fly this weekend, and even then had to dig around through posts to infer that I had to launch the game to even see the poll? New patches don't seem to be getting announced in there.

Seems like a lot of guessing at what's going on that could be fixed by making notable announcements in the forum set aside for them, rather than just using it for major releases.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: More use of the Announcement Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
I'd like to see more use of the Announcement Forum. I'm having to train myself not to skip over the front page, but why aren't those posts noted in the Announcements Forum? Why wasn't the fact that there was a poll when logging into an arena online put on the Announcements page? I almost missed that because I wasn't able to fly this weekend, and even then had to dig around through posts to infer that I had to launch the game to even see the poll? New patches don't seem to be getting announced in there.

Seems like a lot of guessing at what's going on that could be fixed by making notable announcements in the forum set aside for them, rather than just using it for major releases.

Sounds like a good idea.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: More use of the Announcement Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
Ya +1 if you don't watch the boards you don't know crap!! Until I got into an MA based squad I didn't know about new plane poles, sound packs, videos, tournaments, and all sorts of other stuff!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3