Author Topic: Axis skins on Alies planes  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
Re: Axis skins on Alies planes
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
I'm well aware of that~All the information is in the link. They are cool skins though Brown and it is interesting to ponder the combat life these birds had into the 50's. I'm not in any way suggesting them for AH. The S.199's engine also had considerably less power, but it did manage to shoot down an Egyptian Spit  :lol

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
I like these skins.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,265837.msg3314994.html#msg3314994

It's not really the same thing, the Swiss employed those 109s in shooting down intruders over their airspace throughout the war.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 08:30:35 PM »
Amigo, Switzerland was not an active combatant in WWII, though they were in many cases pro German, intercepting wayward and damaged US bombers over their airspace to land with the crews being interned as pows for the duration of the war. Some of the Swiss prison camps were reported to be much worse than their German counterparts and were in some cases operated by Swiss Nazis, not to mention the complicity in robbing European Jewry.

You can make any skin you like and fly it offline. I'd be pretty surprised if they changed their policy.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:25 PM »
Amigo, Switzerland was not an active combatant in WWII, though they were in many cases pro German, intercepting wayward and damaged US bombers over their airspace to land with the crews being interned as pows for the duration of the war. Some of the Swiss prison camps were reported to be much worse than their German counterparts and were in some cases operated by Swiss Nazis, not to mention the complicity in robbing European Jewry.

You can make any skin you like and fly it offline. I'd be pretty surprised if they changed their policy.
The largest combats that the Swiss pilots were involved with were against the Luftwaffe during the Battle of France.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Swiss_Air_Force#World_War_II
Switzerland simply did not take kindly to their airspace being infiltrated, and they didn't put up with it.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »
Courtesy of Greebo for one of my offline missions:

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:13 AM »
Hey Ranger,

How close is your new Pacific Terrain to debuting? I'd love to see a New Guinea/ Battle for Lea Sept. '43 with P-47's and P-38's covering a beachhead assault.

~Seadog36

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 10:17:42 AM »
Should be submitted in about a week, maybe less. That's the terrain in the B-24 pic.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
Trieze69 submitted a really nice and appropriate P-47d11 skin for the Pacific Arena. Anyway to push for it's release to coincide with your terrain?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,299598.msg3834403.html#msg3834403

Regards and outstanding work. See you in the next event.

~Seadog36

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »
I remember Skuzzy saying something about not liking to rotate skins anymore because someone always complains about the skin being taken out.
I haven't had even skins of mine that I didn't like rotated out with better ones that I've done after requesting so in the submission.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
I heard that same story too but it seems like they make much more dramatic changes to the game distressing some and pleasing most. They should freshen up some of theses skins, some of the older ones are pretty poor resolution and detail.

Btw, If you are Bubi~ I fly your 1/JG51 190 skin all the time.

I'll keep being a squeaky wheel until then.

:salute ~Seadog36

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 07:45:48 AM »
So.. If we can't have a Swiss skin on a 109, then why do we have an Iraq skin on the 110C? Just trying make a point  :rolleyes:
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

So.. If we can't have a Swiss skin on a 109, then why do we have an Iraq skin on the 110C? Just trying make a point  :rolleyes:

We can have a Swiss skin on 109s.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »
We can have a Swiss skin on 109s.

Good, when Larry?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
When someone makes one.  :)

Airmess (think that's his name) used to have one on the E-4 before the remodel.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Airmess' Swiss 109E4 was a long time ago. I believe they don't allow neutral nation markings anymore (they specifically declined one of my Spanish skins, as well as I seem to recall mention from Airmess about his Swiss skin being rejected when the planes were remodeled).

We haven't had a Swiss skin for the E-4 since probably 2005 or whenever those 109s were redone.