Author Topic: Axis skins on Alies planes  (Read 2691 times)

Offline slayer1

• Zinc Member
Re: Axis skins on Alies planes
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
BF 109F-4 with Australian markings

(Image removed from quote.)

thats british not australia, look at the serial and the roundel

~slayer1~
bluey the aussie red head!!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
why do we have an Iraq skin on the 110C?

The Anglo-Iraqi War-2 May to 31 May 1941

Fliegerführer Irak
Also on 6 May Luftwaffe Colonel Werner Junck received orders that he was to take a small force to Iraq, where they were to operate out of Mosul. The British quickly learned of the German arrangements through intercepted Italian diplomatic transmissions. Between 10 and 15 May the aircraft arrived in Mosul via Vichy French airbases, in Syria, and then commenced regular aerial attacks on British forces. The arrival of these aircraft was the direct result of fevered consultations between Baghdad and Berlin in the days following Air Vice-Marshal Smart's strikes on the Iraqi forces above Habbaniya. The Luftwaffe force, under the direction of Lieutenant General Hans Jeschonnek, was named "Flyer Command Iraq" (Fliegerführer Irak)[nb 13] and was under the tactical command of Colonel Werner Junck. At least 20 bombers were initially promised however in the end Junck's unit consisted of between 21 and 29 aircraft all painted with Royal Iraqi Air Force markings.[

That's why we have an Iraq skin.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 12:49:28 PM »
I had asked for Finish T-34's awhile back and was told that they couldnt be used, and the finns actually used them in numbers
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
But did they capture them or buy them from the Russians?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 08:22:32 PM »
^-- what he said :)

They have to be legitimately ordered, built, bought, bartered, etc. No captured skins.

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:16 AM »
hmmmm did they just fly the captured craft for tests or is there any empirical evidence that they were used in combat.  A Google search offered up nothing that I could see.

I remember I heard somewhere that the Luftwaffe used captured 17s and 24s to radio course and altitude to the guyson the ground to shoot them down. But when the allies found they couldn't make radio contact with them they shot them down.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »
I remember I heard somewhere that the Luftwaffe used captured 17s and 24s to radio course and altitude to the guyson the ground to shoot them down. But when the allies found they couldn't make radio contact with them they shot them down.

Yep. Kampfgeschwader 200.

O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes