Author Topic: Any other vikings fans POed  (Read 955 times)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Any other vikings fans POed
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
I've been hurt before, but I wasn't getting paid millions of dollars while I was doing it.

Over the past 4 years I've had a little over half a million dollars in medical bills.  I sure
wish I'd seen the option to pay more to make it hurt less.  I choose to not let it get me down,
but I sure don't feel comfortable telling someone else they shouldn't hurt due to their paycheck.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 08:08:55 AM »
Boo hoo Favre got hurt.

They make so many millions of dollars they shouldn't complain about anything.

Where exactly have you seen Favre complain about being hurt?
That dudes played and and continues to play hurt or not. Probobly even when he personally would be better off from a long term physical aspect of it to not play.

Nobody can question Favre playing through pain and injury
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:37 AM »
He's definitely played through pain and injury - no question about it.

Sadly though, what Favre will end up being remembered for will be the last 3-4 years of his career, the ordeal with the Packers, retire-no-wait-well-maybe-nah, crying on TV, texting his winky to some honey on the Jets, and then the back-and-forth soap opera with the Vikings.

Favre could have been held in the same esteem as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Johnny Unitas, (etc.), if he'd made his mind, retired, and gotten his gold Hall-of-Fame jacket.

When I moved to Wisconsin in 2005, Brett was a demi-god up here. It didn't matter what he did, he was Brett. People whined because he forced passes and threw INTs, but they'd reverse themselves on the next possession when he tossed some amazing 50-yard pass to a receiver for a TD. Green Bay fans (and they're as rabid as Yankees, Red Sox, Raiders, Celtics, fans) were sympathetic when he left to go to the Jets, blaming it on the Packers front office. But when he went to the Vikings, he became reviled.

I'm 30 minutes from Lambeau. I'm not a Packers fan, I'm a NYer, but its pretty obvious to anyone who follows football.

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst