Author Topic: my idea of what might happen  (Read 1454 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: my idea of what might happen
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
Ignoring the part about a nuclear detontation being exceedingly difficult to model in our game, It doesnt make sense on any level.  I feel the B29(with conventional ords) will add a new dynamic to gameplay that we do not currently have.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know, the Premier loves surprises.

"I smell a big fat commie rat.  Look at the big board, they're getting ready to clobber us!"
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline WyoKId

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
I can tell you exactly what will happen if we get the B-29.  There will be months of outcry on the forums about how the B-29 will ruin the game.  GVers will be predict the end of the known GV fight in tank town as 29's will fly over in great masses and their magic bombs will obliterate everything.  Fighters will worry that every single B-29 will be flying at 40,000 and will take down every field in a single pass killing the fights.  The B-29 will eventually be released and the arena will be flooded with B-29s.  Then in two weeks when the 'new' wears off, the B-29 will settle into it's place in the game.  They will be seen high and low, and they will kill and be killed.  The game with continue and everyone will find something new to whine about.

this
Outside of a dog , a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

"i like the enemy to know I killed em, building animosity amongst enemy makes for fun... otherwise why not go play golf or somethin"   bagrat

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »
If we had a nuke det, EVERYBODY's frame rate would drop to -30.

LOL
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »
If we had a nuke det, EVERYBODY's frame rate would drop to -30.

LOL

That's how everyone would be killed.  :aok  A massive surge of data to make everyone loose internet connection. 

Lost UDP, switching to purgatory.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 02:13:16 AM »

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 02:54:38 AM »
Many years ago HTC said they were going to add a thing called Combat Trim to the game in order to help new pilots out. Months before the release people cried on the forums, "Arcade Mode" many called it, others said it would be the end of Aces High all together. I remember open letters to Hitech and crew being posted and the constant whines and speculation over what the system would do. In the end Combat Trim was released and after that no one really said anything. Why? Because it wasn't a big deal and didn't change the game like everyone doomed and gloomed about.

I see a correlation between some of the whines of old like combat trim and the introduction of the B29. Like Jayhawk has posted, everyone is saying this is the end and how bad the B29 will be for the game, however, in reality once the new wears off it's just going to be another bomber. Pilots will go back to using Lancstuckas to bomb the lone GV and or CV, B17s / B24s will go back to porking airfields and hangers, and every so often you'll see the B29 come in and blow a bunch of stuff up.

Look on the bright side everyone, maybe HTC will give us both planes and then you can hunt down B29s IN your Me410.  :)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:59:09 AM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:49 AM »
I hope the fire control gets modelled. I'll be gunning B29s for months.
Retired

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 06:51:06 AM »

"I smell a big fat commie rat.  Look at the big board, they're getting ready to clobber us!"

You cant bring him in here. He will see the BIG BOARD!!
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women