Author Topic: ENY value for aircrafts  (Read 855 times)

Offline tiag

• Zinc Member
ENY value for aircrafts
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »
Hi!

I was wondering how the ENY value for the aircraft (acft) is defined. I tried to compare wether it was related to the weapons or a given relation between acft performance and weapons, but was unfortunately unable to discover anything. So I suppose it was just "set" according to AH experience, correct?

Cheers,

Tiag

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY value for aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
Speed, lethality, turn rate and durability are some of the factors mixed into the cocktail.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:16:09 AM »
So I suppose it was just "set" according to AH experience, correct?

Basically yes.

There is no clear defined "formula" for eny values. They also aren't set in stone, and from time to time HTC makes adjustments to individual ratings.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »
Tiag find a ride in the 25-30 eny range and learn it. You'll have a definite advantage when country ENY climbs the wall :aok

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
ENY only means something if you know how to fly it to its potential, otherwise its just another plane you get shot down in

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:51:15 AM »
Tiag find a ride in the 25-30 eny range and learn it. You'll have a definite advantage when country ENY climbs the wall :aok
agree 100%, take what I fly for example, it has an ENY of 25 and is in the top ten fastest planes on deck
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:32 AM »
Eny is never a problem for me. :aok
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »
most planes have a lower eny equiv LA7 - LA5FN, 190D9 - 190A5, Spit 16 - Spit 9, and so on.  you may find that you actually prefer the lower eny plane actually.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
most planes have a lower eny equiv LA7 - LA5FN, 190D9 - 190A5, Spit 16 - Spit 9, and so on.  you may find that you actually prefer the lower eny plane actually.

Actually lower ENY = better plane.

Usually higher ENY planes are a bit slower and/or don't perform as well as their lower ENY counterparts... BUT higher ENY planes seem to have a 'lighter' feel to them and as a result can often be more stable while pushing them harder.

If you care about perk points, you'll find that they build up MUCH FASTER if you learn to fly the higher ENY planes (as you'll get many more times the points for each kill).

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Eny is never a problem for me. :aok
Tater dweeb  :aok
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 05:31:13 AM »
oh I get them mixed up. . .mainly because I have 0 intrest in perk planes or scores. . . Although I do get somewhat annoyed when the arena requires me to fly higher eny planes for balance - but then again, I have no issues with the 'eaker' planes to begin ith so. . .

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO