Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6277 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »
So let me just get this straight..................... ........ All of the people playing the game are ignorant and that's the only reason the B29 won....... They couldn't think of anything better to vote for?

I voted B29, I'm a bomber pilot.   I think most, if not all buff sticks went the way of the B29.  

As it stands right now (current tour), 3143 have upped a Fighter, 2229 have upped a Bomber, 1897 have upped an Attacker & 2288 have upped in a GV.  So one might say if it was just "down to the masses" it could be easily correlated that since only 2 bombers were there, the popular vote went to the B29 instead of the Heinkel, and the fighter voters were split up in too many ways, with some spread out to the Attackers. (A26 / ME410)

I find it to be less about ignorance, but rather choice.  Sure I want the Heinkel too, but I'd rather see the Superfortress first.  After all, the B29 has been around for a very long time and we are just now seeing it........  :aok

Image Courtesy of Lusche:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:50:44 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »
I wonder if the poll we had is actually what planes will get added next.  B-29 1st, 410 2nd, A-26 3rd, He-111 4th, etc, etc.  When we get to the Ki-45 or the Pe-2, they will toss out another poll?  Would you guys agree with that line of addition if they went that route?  It WOULD give them a set line to follow, which would probably help them out a bit.  They know what to look for already and could probably crank out planes a little quicker.  They may be able to toss in a few GV's in there as a bonus because they already have that set line of planes to add next or do a GV poll. :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
Of the original eight, the only one I didn't want was the A-26.  I voted for the 410, but I am happy with the 29 as well.

Not everybody who voted for the 410 is horrified at the 29.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
Of the original eight, the only one I didn't want was the A-26.  I voted for the 410, but I am happy with the 29 as well.

I voted 410 not that I really wanted it but simply because it was the lesser of several evils (the B29 being the biggest evil) and might well be interesting. I view shooting bombers the same way I view shooting field ack guns, very dull and pointless.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »
I wonder if the poll we had is actually what planes will get added next.  B-29 1st, 410 2nd, A-26 3rd, He-111 4th, etc, etc.  When we get to the Ki-45 or the Pe-2, they will toss out another poll?  Would you guys agree with that line of addition if they went that route?  It WOULD give them a set line to follow, which would probably help them out a bit.  They know what to look for already and could probably crank out planes a little quicker.  They may be able to toss in a few GV's in there as a bonus because they already have that set line of planes to add next or do a GV poll. :x
Careful I said the same thing in a couple of other threads & was flamed for it. That aside I will agree with you.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »
I voted 410 not that I really wanted it but simply because it was the lesser of several evils (the B29 being the biggest evil) and might well be interesting. I view shooting bombers the same way I view shooting field ack guns, very dull and pointless.
Seems the Ki-43 would have been best for you then.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »
This is usually a point where I yell some very nasty stuff towards my screen - even if it was a friendly "helping" us  :devil

However, it's only a tiny fraction of tanks that get killed by heavys that way.

A much larger fraction immediately towers after realizing they're grouped up with the majority of their comrads in the area (typicaly as they all converge together to camp a spawn point) and are dead in the path of the incoming carnage, then ups a WW to try with thousands upon thousands of rounds tp shoot down buffs that just happen to be conveniently cruising only inches beyond their maximum effective 20mm gun range.  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »
Do they model engine problems in any other aircraft?

No, they don't, but it would be a good one to start with. The engines on the B 29 was its Achilles Heel. If it was not flown with the correct technique it would burn itself out of the sky very quickly.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »
Im ok with the B29.  It will be fun to fly and equally fun to shoot down. :salute
In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »
somethin occured to me today.. how much flying is actually done in bombers? 99% of the flight they're on autopilot.

:D
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »

No, they don't, but it would be a good one to start with. The engines on the B 29 was its Achilles Heel. If it was not flown with the correct technique it would burn itself out of the sky very quickly.

My understanding was that these engine problems primarily occurred on the ground or during takeoff, NOT mid-flight and on landing. Let's not use this as an excuse to introduce the exaggerated engine overheats plaguing other sims.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
 :lol  :aok  :lol

somethin occured to me today.. how much flying is actually done in bombers? 99% of the flight they're on autopilot.

:D

Except when I am diving my Mossie away from your Jug........   :D
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Roki

• Zinc Member
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
As a fighter pilot I might see a large target that gives good points when shot down. There is some quite fast high-altitude interceptors in game. Don't whine.

As a bomber pilot I might see a bit more of bombs and a bit more of guns, but a heavy load of perk points. Of course you will lose points if you go dive bombing with the equipment that isn't for that purpose. Don't whine.

I might fly a B-29, or something that is trying to shoot down a B-29. Only time will tell.

PS. If engines were correctly modelled, there wouldn't be any pilots in game. Skilled ones might get overbored while others trying to get any plane in the air without blowing their engines.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:56:00 PM by Roki »

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »

hehehe im not im going to fly it after im back online and get all my bomber perks back. look out for the b17 im in (im good in the gunners :P :D ).
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2010, 02:46:05 AM »
HTC can only offer a poll and declare the winner. Why one aircraft was chosen over others requires a controled EXIT poll. Not by speculation here because only a small percentage of the voters bother to read these forums. Based on HTC's published breakdown most of you have surmised within tollerances the spread of the games players interests and generational appitites. But, not the actual voter block percentages.

The exit poll would have to be part of the MOTD poll.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Answer one of the following about your self and your choice:

[ ] Buzz off and It's none of your business.

I am:

[ ] under 15 - 15
[ ] 16 - 25
[ ] 26 - 35
[ ] 36 - 45
[ ] 46 - 55
[ ] 56 - 65
[ ] 66 and We are honored by your experiences.

My Playing Style is:

[ ] 1. A hardcore AH player spending more than 2 hours a night and 3 nights a week playing.
[ ] 2. A player only interested in the special arenas and events like FSO and AvA.
[ ] 3. A recreational player spending at most an hour 2-3 evenings a week.
[ ] 4. I play infrequently but when I can get the time.
[ ] 5. I live in the DA.

I voted for my aircraft because:

[ ] a. A favorite historical aircraft.
[ ] b. I beleive it will enhance my game experience.
[ ] c. It's powerful and fast and I WANT IT!
[ ] d. Seemed like a good choice.
[ ] e. A freind told me to vote for it.
[ ] f. I read about it on the internet or the game forums.
[ ] g. Who cares...........

Be careful what you think you want to know.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.