Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6307 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
The mossie could carry a 57mm cannon couldn't it? Why not ask for a Mossie with the cannon rather than another plane?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

no, the the last vote was between 410 and b29.. heavy fighters can be used more ways than a 4 engine bomber that's probably gonna be perked.

besides, the b29 was winning from the first poll. nothing else stood a chance. some of us are just wondering why, wtf is so interesting about the b29?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
Oh, please.

I voted for the Me410 as well, but this post is nothing but tripe.

If this poll had happened in 2000 or 2001 the B-29 would still have won.  I was there and the player base's love of history lead to the F4U-1C getting 15-20% of kills each tour.

I remember when the F4U-1C made up 50% of the planes used in the MA. Literally 1 out of every 2 planes you saw was an F4U-1C. This is the reason why the 1C is perked simply because that's all anyone would fly.  
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
This is a great day in AH history, this marks the end of a ten year flame war about the B-29 on these boards.
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
How many "gap fillers" like the C.202, Spit I, F4F, P-39D or P-40B do you fly on a regular basis?

....er.....me....?

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
This is a great day in AH history, this marks the end of a ten year flame war about the B-29 on these boards.

By looking at this thread I'd say: The war had just begun  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »
sorry  :( I ment to say, the B-29 war is now over, now its time to rearm reload, and start flaming eachother again over the Nook and 410  :)
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »

So.. I clicked your link and.. I'd have to say my two favorites so far are "Take Me Somewhere Nice" and "I love you, I'm going to blow up your school".

Mogwai is awesome  :D

[/hijack]
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
Oh, please.

I voted for the Me410 as well, but this post is nothing but tripe.

If this poll had happened in 2000 or 2001 the B-29 would still have won.  I was there and the player base's love of history lead to the F4U-1C getting 15-20% of kills each tour.

this is true.
But even if it had been voted in back then it would be. As it is now the least needed plane addition to the game.

In WWII its only real significance to the war effort was done on two trips. One over Nagasaki and One over Hiroshima. (significance meaning doing something that bombers in our arsenal didnt already do) While high alt was supposed to be its forte. As often as not its mission altitudes were done at significantly lower altitudes
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
It's not unfathomable that we won't even see this B-29 for a year or so, we'll get a little break when this dies down next week.  Then we'll have this same thread when they post screenshots, then it'll die down.  Then we'll have this same thread when it comes out, then it'll die down.  Then we'll have something new that comes out that will "destroy" the game.
 :D
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
this is true.
But even if it had been voted in back then it would be. As it is now the least needed plane addition to the game.

How opinions vary. To me, that one was the He 111. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

I'd be more inclined to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBFhdeR9PE
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2010, 07:04:08 PM »
Jesus its the end:/
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
In WWII its only real significance to the war effort was done on two trips. One over Nagasaki and One over Hiroshima. (significance meaning doing something that bombers in our arsenal didnt already do) While high alt was supposed to be its forte. As often as not its mission altitudes were done at significantly lower altitudes

Maybe it's just how we play the game, but I fail to see how real world use or results matters that much.  I direct you to a Hitech quote:

As we have said, this is not a sim of WWII. It is a game/sim using WWII equipment.

Also, I have no idea how this could possibly destroy the game, anyone of you doomsayers care to elaborate?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »
The B29 had a hellbunch of problems when first fielded in strength.  The jet stream being a major problem.  Its patently false though to claim that only two sorties had any im[act.  You see, once Gen LeMay took command of the 20th USSAF and decided to strip the 29 of most of its guns and gunners and sent the things in at 10-12k at night using pathfinders to start small fires in the target cities the n hell started coming to Japan.  This bombing brought heavy suffering to the Japanese and they lost severely needed industrial capacity and workers to man those factories.  This low level night raid stuff coupled with the new indendiaries burned entire Japanese cities to the core.  Nope, once LeMay made these adjustments the 29s started wrecking hell on mainland Japan.  If the atomics had never come into the picture the 29s would have only increased in numbers and devastating impact.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:14:19 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline longtime

• Zinc Member
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
B29 is coming to AH? Excellent..will resubscribe and start bombing fighter hangers for perk points.