Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
oh bite me Stealth :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
Wow.

Not that I'm surprised (not surprised in the least), but as has been said previously, there had better be some serious handicapping so that it doesn't totally break the game. I'm sure HTC will do it just fine, but I'm just throwing in my two cents.

What makes you think that the B29 is going to "break the game" in it's standard form? I mean I know it's going to be perked but beyond that what makes it the B29 of DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM?
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
I'm kind of looking forward to the B-29.  Maybe it finally get HTC to improve the strategic game and make it worth something to spend 45 minutes flying to enemy factories or HQ. 

I don't think the B-29 will be the game changer everyone thinks though - at low altitudes it will get torn to shreds, and not that many people have the patience to climb bombers up to 25K+.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
The moment the 29 is active we will lay waste to every field and every fighter....

/Sarcasm

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:28:23 PM by oneway »

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
It'll be interesting. Will they be able to model the engine overheating issues? What about the non-boosted controls? I also believe the flaps were worked from a position other than the pilots seat. What about the remote controlled turrets?

Interesting indeed
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
It'll be interesting. Will they be able to model the engine overheating issues? What about the non-boosted controls? I also believe the flaps were worked from a position other than the pilots seat. What about the remote controlled turrets?

Interesting indeed

Do they model engine problems in any other aircraft?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2010, 04:01:11 AM »
nope, never

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:16 AM »
Drop altitude restrictions won't fix this.

Disabling the ability to drop from the cockpit in 4-engine bombers and forcing them to bomb from the bombardier's position WILL.

Damn right
 :aok :aok :aok
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2010, 06:04:48 AM »
I'm strongly against any artificial performance limits to guide gameplay into way perceived "right" direction.  Could a bomber open the doors and drop from 1k? Why should our not.
This would be the same thing as giving fighters a front quarter invulnerability to "prevent Hoing"

And don't forget, noe bombers do rarely survive at all in AH. Base & town ack will shred you. And if they don't, a single fighter guy will drool about the easy kills.
I'm sure most fighter guys will be much more happy about noe buffs than those at "realistic" 24k ;)

On a final note... I'm quite uncomfortable with the term "abuse".
We often resort to completely different tactics - not only in bombers but also fighters and GV - because the combat environment is a completely different than the real WW2 one. Tactics are the result of circumstances.

On the other hand. and keep in mind im not much of a GVer.
Nothing sucks more when being in a GV fight and having somone up in a bomber at treetop level and carpet bomb the fight.

A good deal of NOE bombers arent going for the perks but for the horde base capture. Most of the time they dont care if they get shot down as it only means they dont have to take the time to fly back home and can come back even sooner with another load.

This is why during base defense I rarely go after buffs at any alt after they have dropped their load. To do so only invites them to come back that much sooner.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:13 AM »
Fugitive, You said that years ago people would have voted by its HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE. Your words. I could get the quote but can't be bothered going back through 6 pages to find it. If that was true the HE 111 would have been in a long time ago. Are you honestly trying to tell me that the HE 111 wasn't important? I know your smarter than that.

My point was not that people would know the HE 111 more than the B29. I would always say people in High School with a basic knowledge in WW2 would know a B29 more than a HE111. I was arguing the fact that you say that the B29 would not have been voted in since it was not as historically important as other planes. Surely, SURELY a plane that served from 1939-1945 across all the ETO, through many differant guises is more Historially important? In which case, why was it not added 10 years ago?

The only reason people know the B-29 is because of the Atomic bomb drops on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You ask your HS'er what they know about the 29 and thats what they will answer. If the atomic bombs were dropped from a B-17 and not the 29. then the 29 would be merely an honorable mention footnote as a late war bomber. Few would be able to tell you anything else about it. As it stands now. If you randomly asked a bunch of HSers or even adults. few would be able to tell you anything else about it.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
On the other hand. and keep in mind im not much of a GVer.
Nothing sucks more when being in a GV fight and having somone up in a bomber at treetop level and carpet bomb the fight.

This is usually a point where I yell some very nasty stuff towards my screen - even if it was a friendly "helping" us  :devil

However, it's only a tiny fraction of tanks that get killed by heavys that way.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
The only reason people know the B-29 is because of the Atomic bomb drops on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You ask your HS'er what they know about the 29 and thats what they will answer. If the atomic bombs were dropped from a B-17 and not the 29. then the 29 would be merely an honorable mention footnote as a late war bomber. Few would be able to tell you anything else about it. As it stands now. If you randomly asked a bunch of HSers or even adults. few would be able to tell you anything else about it.

Ask a group of HSers or collage kids who the last 4 Presidents were and they would say" Let me look that up on my I-Phone"
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
Anyone know what the bag limit will be on opening day?   :devil  Do we need a permit for more?
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
lol no permit to shoot them and no bag limit. There will probably be a perk permit for flying one.

You will probably see them in 4 or 5 months.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
Well good. I'll need the huge targets when i return to game play.  :lol
Lighten up Francis