Author Topic: circus bomber fix  (Read 753 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
circus bomber fix
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »
I've been noticing quite a bit of shuckin' and jivin' buff formations lately.  I don't have a problem with a lone buff doing anything he can to spoil the shot, but when the drones are crossing back and forth and overlapping - it seems extra gamey to me.

If the coad were changed so that a drone touching the lead would cause a collision (and subsequent damage), the Benny Hill-style bomber hijinks would be stopped.  The drones can still touch each other (because they always land together) but touch the lead and stuff breaks.

You may now commence flaming.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: circus bomber fix
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »
Collisions for everybody!!

I don't control if my drones fly through me or not. 

I don't believe drones will fire through each other, or your own plane, so it's that many feweer guns shooting at you anyhow.

Are you just asking for me to fly straight and level for you?
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
I've been noticing quite a bit of shuckin' and jivin' buff formations lately.  I don't have a problem with a lone buff doing anything he can to spoil the shot, but when the drones are crossing back and forth and overlapping - it seems extra gamey to me.

If the coad were changed so that a drone touching the lead would cause a collision (and subsequent damage), the Benny Hill-style bomber hijinks would be stopped.  The drones can still touch each other (because they always land together) but touch the lead and stuff breaks.

You may now commence flaming.

I wonder if doing it would require that friendly collisions be turned on all across the board.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
I wonder if doing it would require that friendly collisions be turned on all across the board.

ack-ack

That would be fine with me, except for the inevitable grief-ramming of friendlies. 

Collisions for everybody!!

I don't control if my drones fly through me or not. 

I don't believe drones will fire through each other, or your own plane, so it's that many feweer guns shooting at you anyhow.

Are you just asking for me to fly straight and level for you?

You don't have to fly straight and level.  You shouldn't be able to turn hard and quickly reverse, causing you to go through your drone.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
      my only minor complaint is aiming at a drone and having it warp (by my perspective) over and over to correct for a maneuvering lead pilot.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:06:41 AM »
      my only minor complaint is aiming at a drone and having it warp (by my perspective) over and over to correct for a maneuvering lead pilot.

this^

That would be fine with me, except for the inevitable grief-ramming of friendlies. 

no way man, u know how many times ive been in a fight with a plane and some guy trys to pick my kill and flys threw me or directly in my line of fire. I know better SA right? Its pretty tough to shoot down a decent stick avoid getting picked myself and lookout for baby seals country members flying through me to pick a kill.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 04:41:06 AM »

Yes this is what needs fixing...

If someone want to fly to fast for their drones then they deserve to loose them

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 07:27:10 AM »
I have been out of game for a couple weeks, yesterday saw some heavies, I did notice a much tighter turn B17's pulled, but other than that....... (That could have been an experienced stick using some rudder and giving up their E)

Are we talking specifically the Mossie?  Those drones dance real good (It's a different animal)

But to code collisions I think it's all or nothing. (Friendly Collisions On)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline MrRulo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
I wouldn't like friendly collisions. What about the TO process, you are OTR waiting for a squadmate or just switching the engine on, some else goes to the same take off position ... puf ... collision .... not good.

Rulo

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
I watch guys flip a 180 and puuf their drones return.  When I try the same, mine puuf disappear.  I think there should be a max separation for the drones to the piloted vehicle.  If there is, then it needs to be reduced.  Or, the drones need to replicate the exact maneuvers of the piloted plane.  I do not think collisions is the answer.  Just something a little less cartoony then what presently exists. 

-Crusader
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
i want all friendly planes to crash like giv it 0:01:00 off the run way and smash and it restarts as you land
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 12:40:35 AM »
I would personally like drones to follow the lead bomber way more closely than they do, this means the ability to dive, climb, and turn faster.  I don't care if that means the drones are doing things a bomber "shouldn't be doing," I'm just sick of the warp-right-when-they-get-in-gun-range thing that keeps happening.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D