Author Topic: MS FFB Sidewinder analog controls  (Read 295 times)

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
MS FFB Sidewinder analog controls
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
I recently had a problem with my X52 that is on its way out. I plugged in my FFB Sidewinder and my Saitek throttle. I cant seem to get any analog movemnets from Ailerons, Elevator and Rudder. I can get everything else to work on the stick except my analog inputs. While settting everything up I am getting readings of all my analog inputs and was able to calibrate my stick. but once in game for test I get no flight control. Even with the throttle disconnected and just the stick I still get no joy. If anyone could enlighten me i would be very appreciative.
<S>
Carver :salute
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: MS FFB Sidewinder analog controls
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »
Did you test the Sidewinder first in Windows, under Game Controllers? There is a square panel with a crosshair in it that should move regardless of calibration. If it does move then next calibrate it in Games Controllers before launching Aces High. Then, start Aces High and calibrate it there also, ensuring you move ALL of the analogue devices as instructed to their full range of movement.

In my experience if you fail to do the last step then AH will not respond to a moved analogue control later (it will ignore those inputs).
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »
Yes it works now at least the flight surface movements but cant seem to get the throttle to work now I didnt have the proper settings for the analog movements ---D'oh---- . Now even though it apears set up properly and "Throttle 1" is activated once im airborne its stuck on full throttle. Will play with it again tonight .
<S>
Carver

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
It's easily done, especially not moving everything when calibrating in AH.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
All fixed ty.