Author Topic: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »
OK so everyone that has an issue with the potential health aspect of these machines let me ask you a question or two.......

do you smoke? do you reside in proximity to anyone who does?

do you drive a car or are you exposed in any fashion to any petroleum by product?

do any of you ever go outside during the daytime and leave any skin exposed to the sun for more than just a few seconds?

do any of you use ANY man made products of any kind?

do any of you breathe the air without filtering it first?

do any of you................

well you get the idea. just being alive is the slow process of dieing and i seriously doubt these machines are going to accelerate your demise. but if they do them let me be the first to say "I  :salute your sacrifice made on behalf of the safety of the rest of us"

and to those who would quote those that lived hundreds of years ago.......well they didn't have underwear an shoe bombers to live with did they? the times change with technology and what was once a given truth is no longer completely true in today's world. the constitution was written in a vague and abstract manner so that it may be allowed to change in meaning with the change in time and circumstance. don't take every quote and speech given by our predecessors to be completely accurate and applicable in today's world.

It might not significantly shorten your life-span, but it may adversely affect individual body parts, particularly things as sensitive as the genitals. Sorry, but I know I've got nothing to hide, I'll take the pat-down.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:15 PM »
Sorry Flotsom, were not going to let it stand.

Sens. Doherty, Beach Introduce Resolution Calling on Congress to Reconsider TSA Screening Procedures

Senator Michael J. Doherty (R- Hunterdon, Warren) and Senator James Beach (D- Camden) announced they will present resolutions to the Senate and Assembly calling on the U.S. Congress to end TSA screening procedures requiring full body scans and pat downs at U.S. airports Their action comes in response to widespread concerns over privacy and radiation, as well as reports of inappropriate conduct by TSA agents during the screening process.

“The pursuit of security should not force Americans to surrender their civil liberties or basic human dignity at a TSA checkpoint,” said Doherty. “Subjecting law-abiding American citizens to naked body scans and full body pat downs is intolerable, humiliating, vulnerable to abuse, and is fast becoming a disincentive to travel. Particularly concerning to us is the fact that physical searches result in children being touched in private areas of the body. Terrorists hate America because of the freedoms upon which this great nation was built. By implementing these screening measures, the TSA has already handed a victory to those who seek to destroy our freedoms.”

http://bit.ly/c0n2FL
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »
overwhelming support for full body scan in the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20022876-503544.html

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
Sorry Flotsom, were not going to let it stand.

Sens. Doherty, Beach Introduce Resolution Calling on Congress to Reconsider TSA Screening Procedures

Senator Michael J. Doherty (R- Hunterdon, Warren) and Senator James Beach (D- Camden) announced they will present resolutions to the Senate and Assembly calling on the U.S. Congress to end TSA screening procedures requiring full body scans and pat downs at U.S. airports Their action comes in response to widespread concerns over privacy and radiation, as well as reports of inappropriate conduct by TSA agents during the screening process.

“The pursuit of security should not force Americans to surrender their civil liberties or basic human dignity at a TSA checkpoint,” said Doherty. “Subjecting law-abiding American citizens to naked body scans and full body pat downs is intolerable, humiliating, vulnerable to abuse, and is fast becoming a disincentive to travel. Particularly concerning to us is the fact that physical searches result in children being touched in private areas of the body. Terrorists hate America because of the freedoms upon which this great nation was built. By implementing these screening measures, the TSA has already handed a victory to those who seek to destroy our freedoms.”

http://bit.ly/c0n2FL

gee glory hunting politicians proposing bills with quotes from famous people of yestur year......yep that's a new one isn't it.

let me ask you this, where do you think those politicians will be the next time a commercial flight in America is destroyed by an act of terrorism?

screw politician and their self serving agenda's, this is purely about the safety of people who use airlines as a means of transportation and those in buildings that those airliners may be flown into.

these politicians are just jumping on the popularity band wagon, they are getting name recognition and free publicity on the unpopularity of the TSA security measures.

if you don't like the measures taken to ensure your safety on airliners then DRIVE. its a voluntary and momentary relinquishment of your modesty. i think even Ben would agree that its not to much to ask of any individual when balanced against the possible tragedies that could come from not employing the security measures available to us.

oh and by the way, you do understand that the TSA already can conduct strip searches if they feel their are grounds for it. they can actually detain you and transport you to a hospital for x-rays if they believe you are transporting contraband internally. just ask the thousands of drug mules currently incarcerated in the federal system about the legality of it. even the US Supreme court says that such actions are not only legal but they are vital in the protection of our citizens from contraband of all kinds.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
gee glory hunting politicians proposing bills with quotes from famous people of yestur year......yep that's a new one isn't it.

let me ask you this, where do you think those politicians will be the next time a commercial flight in America is destroyed by an act of terrorism?

screw politician and their self serving agenda's, this is purely about the safety of people who use airlines as a means of transportation and those in buildings that those airliners may be flown into.

these politicians are just jumping on the popularity band wagon, they are getting name recognition and free publicity on the unpopularity of the TSA security measures.

if you don't like the measures taken to ensure your safety on airliners then DRIVE. its a voluntary and momentary relinquishment of your modesty. i think even Ben would agree that its not to much to ask of any individual when balanced against the possible tragedies that could come from not employing the security measures available to us.

oh and by the way, you do understand that the TSA already can conduct strip searches if they feel their are grounds for it. they can actually detain you and transport you to a hospital for x-rays if they believe you are transporting contraband internally. just ask the thousands of drug mules currently incarcerated in the federal system about the legality of it. even the US Supreme court says that such actions are not only legal but they are vital in the protection of our citizens from contraband of all kinds.

What about the safety that our forefathers put aside when they declared war with their own country? You think that by putting the colonies futures on the line along with all the residents that live in them to fight for personal liberties was a waste? Shame... We are sacrificing our own liberties, the same liberties that our forefathers made a sacrifice for....we are failing...

Hell the last few "scares" were ON THE PLANE!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:46:18 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »
but if they do them let me be the first to say "I  :salute your sacrifice made on behalf of the safety of the rest of us"

That is the most obnoxious ignorant statement I v ever read.  Really?  Sacrifice for the survival of the stupid that think those machines actually keep them safe?

How many did the security measures stop?  The underwear guy and the shoe guy got in them planes no?  Only the old lady did not make it through lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

The overwhelming populace is about as bright as small appliance bulb.  Present company excepted.  As always. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
As I posted in the other thred... we should have the freedom to fly the "feel me up" flight or a "freedom" flight.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Now just poll the folks who actually fly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »
That is the most obnoxious ignorant statement I v ever read.  Really?  Sacrifice for the survival of the stupid that think those machines actually keep them safe?

How many did the security measures stop?  The underwear guy and the shoe guy got in them planes no?  Only the old lady did not make it through lol.

Ded they got on the plane because the current machines being discussed herein werent in use. your argument supports mine by proving its use. they only had to walk through metal detectors to gain access to the plane. these machines go much further.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »
As I posted in the other thred... we should have the freedom to fly the "feel me up" flight or a "freedom" flight.

Can I carry my gun on this "freedom" flight?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
Look, guys, neither of your points work-

All things in moderation

Dignity and human rights have value, I refuse to be degraded every single time I fly.  It is absurd to make these measures permanant.  It is absurd to put such humiliating steps into place, many of them only make us feel safe.  At a certain point we must let go, and say Stuff Happens.

However, total laxation isn't right either, and as has been mentioned, the twin towers burning is a horrible sight.

-Penguin

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
has anyone considered the possibility that rather than intending to make a heroic stand for the nation he just had a wrap of coke in his pants?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »

Brave new world

:noid

and btw if you have enough money in your bankaccount you can bypass all security and don't have to deal with the TSA or their useless body scanners. These are simply there to scare you and me into submission.

And I nominate Bin Laden for the best hider of all time award, bet if his taxes weren't in order he would have been caught a long time ago  ;)

Oh and Shiv show me the plane that hit WTC Building 7  :bolt:

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
NO MAN will EVER touch me there.....I would of rather walked across the country.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH